Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane Inspector said the panels were "loose"

We just had inspection and I got back a list with a good 2/3 of the house having been written down as "loose". When I spoke with the inspector he said that the panel seams had too large a gap that you could catch your finger nail on and we just needed to tighten the screws down. I know in the case of a crown or a depression you pull the panel and shim it to correct spec. I've never heard of this loose stuff before has anyone else? would that mean I have to pull the panels and make the seams level or what?
    When you know what to do, everything is easy.

The seams of the panels must be flush or drop down no more than 25/1000 of an inch according to USBC specs. The gap between the panels can be no more than 50/1000 of an inch at the time of installation. Hope this helps.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

He does not know what he is talking about - they need to have a drop off - he needs to get educated about inspections

The edge of the next panel MUST be lower

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
        The seams of the panels must be flush or drop down no more than 25/1000 of an inch according to USBC specs. The gap between the panels can be no more than 50/1000 of an inch at the time of installation. Hope this helps.
        its 40/1000th drop panel to panel

Comment

i was told when i helped install the lanes in Peoria to give a .007 - .015 of a drop
          jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

As King stated...he does not know what he is doing.

Print this manual and show him page 32 as it has the current specs for lane panel gaps and drop-offs.

http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....ecs-manual.pdf
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Thanks Steve. I stand corrected. It's 40/1000 inch drop. I had an old book that said 25/1000.
              (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

That's a bit scarry that the lane inspector is clueless as to what the the panel drop is.

Comment

You cannot just add screws to a 'loose' spot. Between every row of screws, if a piece of shim paper has been added, the space between the screw rows can appear to be loose.
                  The weight of a ball won't depress this space, standing on it will. Adding a screw will pull it down to the underlayment or old lane, but unless it's shimmed the same as the 2 adjacent screws, it may be pulled out of spec.

The inspector should stand in the gutter, as specified for the past 60 years, to check the measurements of the lane surface.

If it is truely a panel joint that is loose, it should absolutely be fixed.

Also, the width of a joint filled with a sealer or adhesive cannot be acurately be measured, and can actually be assumed to be a '0' gap.
                  This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Try to remember that the local associations are largely made up of volunteers. These people have more experience with rolling the ball down the lane than anything else. The training they receive is only as good at the person doing the training! Our local association came to take some tapes a few weeks back. It was absolutely hilarious watching the lady teach a new guy how to assemble the device and spool the tape on it! It was like the blind leading the def! It's up to us, the folks who know what the specs are, to ensure that the association inspectors are taking proper measurements. Don't be too mean to these people. I'm sure they are trying as hard as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
                      Try to remember that the local associations are largely made up of volunteers. These people have more experience with rolling the ball down the lane than anything else. The training they receive is only as good at the person doing the training! Our local association came to take some tapes a few weeks back. It was absolutely hilarious watching the lady teach a new guy how to assemble the device and spool the tape on it! It was like the blind leading the def! It's up to us, the folks who know what the specs are, to ensure that the association inspectors are taking proper measurements. Don't be too mean to these people. I'm sure they are trying as hard as they can.

Good post!

Comment

Mike...that is all well and good...as long as they realize they are NOT the experts here. I had one come in the other week to pull tapes. He went out on the lanes to pull the tapes...came back and told my GM that something was "dragging" on the outside of my lanes. My GM of course assumed he was correct and started letting me know I needed to fix it right away. I go out and look at the lanes and ask him to explain to me what he is seeing. He pointed out that the outside of the lanes was not shiny like the middle of the lane...so there must be something dragging in the oil...causing it to be dull. Nothing I said to him changed his mind...I let him pull his tapes and be on his way.

Really!?! If you are a volunteer...you should be happy when someone wants to teach you something new.
                        TSM & TSM Training Development
                        Main Event Entertainment
                        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
                          Really!?! If you are a volunteer...you should be happy when someone wants to teach you something new.
                          sounds like talking to a know-it-all bowler, oh wait, thats the volunteer!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                          Working...
                          X