Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pins

What are the best bowling pins to have? As far as taking the least amount of damage.

Twisters will last the longest. We get 5+ years out of a set. Amflight II are good wood pins they worked the best for me when we used wood pins. The Brunswick pin not sure of the name now maybe MAX? they are made by AMF and are the same as Amflight II's. so either would be good if your looking for wood. Later Chief

Comment

Wood any day over synthetic here. Twisters cause a lot of machine damage on the 70/90 and the carry is just not the same. Loads of 9 pins, 8 pins, pocket splits. Yuck. Slower players with higher revs suffer the most.
      I still believe the Pinnacle pin is the old Amflite II dressed up in new clothes. The AmfliteII pin was the best for many many years.
      Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

I love a new set of wood pins they are best to bowl on. I'm old school. But for pins taking the most damage it's hands down Twister. It's all about adjusting your equipment to carry all 10 [bowling ball equipment]. They score just as high. Yes Twisters seem to get more airborne then wood. But new wood flies high also. Later Chief.
        PS as an owner the cost savings of buying pins once every 4-5 years as per every year with wood it is worth it. I'm not an owner.

Comment

Wood Pins, a surlyn covered pin. Either Q/A AmfliteII or Brunswick Max, basically same pin just with different labels. Used both lately and can’t tell a difference.

As for longest life, Twisters. ....but they are not problem free, see above posts.
          * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...
          Working...
          X