Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray clear coatings ?

Curious. Has anyone tried a good hard clear spray coating on pins? I use one & it's tough but marks too easily.. Thoughts.

There were places a million years ago that would did pins with a white coating. They would also did them in a "shrink" coating as they called it. Gave them some extra life and got them looking again.
    Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

And nothing caused more panic that having one of these things pop out of the hole!

let me be myself

Comment

Plastite (DBA) used to be used as a shrink coat on pins.
        Also had a white pin patch, to cover pins that got munched on by pinsetters.
        We used to have 2 sets of pins and rotate them monthly.
        Recoat every 3 times in the machine.
        I havent used it since the early 90s.

I dont think any of the clear coats will be thick enough to do any good.
        Pins do take alot of punishment.

Comment

So far a white spray urethane and a clear coat urethane holds up. Using beat up pins to test them out. Pins look much nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk View Post
            So far a white spray urethane and a clear coat urethane holds up. Using beat up pins to test them out. Pins look much nicer.
            What type of pins are you doing this with?

Surlyn, Nylon coated or other?

Most Surlyn (Q/A amflite/B-max) pin failures are due to the wood of the pin.
            The wood core of the pin usually fails first unless it’s a “scalping” or bottom ring issue.

* this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Amflites. Most pins have alot of minor scrapes-cuts around the top of the pins.
              So far having good results with a spray coating,more testing needed.
              I have 2 sprays to use and Mark the pin bottoms to identify what spray was used.
              Running fine in machines,no issues.
              The bellies are in good shape,solid pins.
              Will update later when more usage comes.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...
              Working...
              X