Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin washing

How many bowling centers wash their pins? if so how regulary? We have 54 pinsetters and we wash a pair a day during the season. we even sand the bottoms of the pins about every other time thru the rotation. just curious.

Not enough. We’ve done all 16 once in the 3 months I’ve been here, and I started to do some again, but other more important priorities have popped up.

Not a fun task but it should be done when time allows IMHO.

We are a high volume center.
    * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

We don't wash pins. Haven't for over 20 years.
      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

We stopped long ago. Cleaned them only when really bad. They dented up the inside of the washing machine too much LOL
        Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

• Mike Wilson
          Mike Wilson commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL Love it!

we try to wipe the outside and base of the pins with alcohol every 2 weeks or at least once a month.

Comment

We never washed the Pins but we wiped the Pinwheels and Distributer Belts every day, that was on 70's, when I worked on Brunswick A's same thing no washing but changed Carpet covers every week and wiped out Pinwheels every day as well as the Cross Conveyer Belts.
          always doing my best.

Comment

We only wash pins as needed like when the cross conveyor drive belt gets destroyed after it wasn't put back on it's pulleys after a turn pan jam or if our 79 scanners are giving us scoring issues. We keep everything else clean and change the pit carpet covers out every 2 weeks.

Comment

Pin washing sounds like something that might be good to do... but at our center it's on the same schedule as the front desk having the porters clean the house balls, i.e. NEVER. Pan wipes get rotated every few days.

Comment

Originally posted by DBZodos View Post
                Pin washing sounds like something that might be good to do... but at our center it's on the same schedule as the front desk having the porters clean the house balls, i.e. NEVER. Pan wipes get rotated every few days.
                Haha, we don't have porters or even pin chasers for that matter. We've got one desk manager, often me(maybe 2 if we're busy), and the primary desk manager wears all of the hats including mechanic/electrician/plumber, lol.

Needless to say, washing pins is very low on the priority list.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...
                Working...
                X