Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA Super-V Pins

Hello Everyone,

I am lookin for new pins and am trying to decide between AMF and VIA Super-V. You can't beat the price on the VIA pins, but do they hold up? Does anyone have any experience with these pins?

Thanks for your feedback.

Re: VIA Super-V Pins

In my experiences with different pins, AMFlite II are the best pins to go with. I have used a few other brands over the years in different centers and we have always gone back to AMF. The glow pins (pink stripes) take a few months to visually accept but are of the same quality and durability. Don't know about the new AMF pin out. Has the black base. Haven't seen it in action.
    Mark
    (919) 757-1789

Comment

When you change to a different brand of pin...the following happens:

1. Turn or orientor pans on all machines need adjusted. Customers and staff deal with many calls for weeks.

2. Spotiing of pins will need adjusted on 70's or pins will stick in deck chutes on A-2's.

3. Your mechanic will not accomplish anything else for 2 weeks except trying to eliminate silly calls.

Now...all the money saved is wasted in poor customer service and mechanics time adjusting machines. The next year you switch back and go through he same cycle to put Amflites back in.

Jerry

Comment

Is anyone out there using the VIA pins?

Comment

They are using them on the TV tour broadcasts !! Lousy scores this week again !! Marty
          56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
          2 Kustodian Walkers
          http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Brunswick pins suck also, They own Vulcan and moved production of "B" pins to Vulcan.

SUCKSUCKSUCKSUCK!!!!!!!

Hope Brunswick reads this, everybody's been saying this for years.

AMF is the Pin of the day,week,month,year,decade.
            BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

82/70 King, you are once again ON IT!

New pins? Tried them all (or most, anyway). Amflites (the II series) are the best pins ever made IMHO. I'm sold on them. Jerry, you hit just about every problem we had, switching brands of pins.

Save yourselves a real headache. Use ONLY AMF Amflite II's. Scrub 'em up a bit with a green pad and some lane stripper before ya toss 'em in, though.

As for Via, they make a SCHWEET 82/70-type pinspotter with a subway-level ball return. I absolutely LOVE it (we have two installed in our 8230 house that we're testing, and they're FAST!).

Doug

Comment

I put a full set of AMF Pinnacle pins in play in Aug. We had used Amflites for many years and had very good luck with them. I did not have to do anything extra to adjust for the Pinnacles. We have had 20 honor scores and no broken pins (yet) They do cost more, but are warrentied for 2 years. The reason we changed from the Amflites was to get more life out of the pins. We also tested some Twisters. What a nightmare! Sticking in the deck chutes, looked dirty from day 1, and sounded like they were filled with loose gravel! I would ask Via for a couple of test sets and run them for a month and see how they work for your center.

billman
                let me be myself

Comment

Originally posted by billman:
                  I put a full set of AMF Pinnacle pins in play in Aug.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sell me one. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ahh, those are those horrid pins they're using on the tour? I didn't know who made em, but I'd rather throw my ball at tree trunks. Those are easily the WORST scoring pins I've ever seen. I'll take my AMFlites anyday, as said before stick with the AMFlites and save yourself the headaches
                    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

i'm glad someone asked!!!! we just had the pba tar heel open in my center.day before the match play they give me the via pins.they wobbled they slipped out of the tongs.(gsx)and basiclly gave me fits. put back my max pins, no wobble no slipping and on spot.not a big fan of max pins but they can keep the via!!! larry
                      larry lawson

Comment

hey billman do you have a spare pinical pin i could buy from you?? do they last longer than the amflite?? jb

Comment

Anyone else try the Winsom Pins??
                          2 Kustodian Walkers

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty Lanes:
                            Anyone else try the Winsom Pins??
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Marty, I purchased 2 lanes worth. They look like AMF pins from 60’ away so the bowlers cant tell that there different then the rest of the house. So far there holding up, I haven’t had one crack yet or loose a base but I’ll tell you what. They slide around something fierce! There is also a significant difference in the sound when there hit. They sound like there “dead” already and they sounded like that right out of the box. I don’t believe that we will be changing next year. We’ll stick to our AMFlites.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

I have had them in 2 lanes since Sept. Ya, they look like Amflites but everyone knows thet are not. I have even moved them around and people bitch, why you got those things on my pair tonight. Have tracked the scores from the begining, no honor scores at all and the averages are consistantly below the teams average that it on that pair that night. They are really getting banged up, bases are turning yellow and soft. They look like 3 year old amflites after 6 months. Have 70 boxes just sitting here that will use a summer pins and buy a new set of Amflites for Sept 03.
                              Marty
                              2 Kustodian Walkers

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Stahl's "Tuffy Super Jam Stopper" in action!

So I decided to try a few of these, I mean the idea totally makes sense and recently I saw these in action and liked what I saw.

Basically, it's meant as an extension...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Pictures of new machines being installed...

Here are the accelerators and pits that came with the lanes, kickbacks, gutters, power lifts.

This a new way of building the supports for the lanes...

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

check this jam...

the ball stuck the table up

Working...
                              X