Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permit

If Brunswick had permit #5, who had permit #1?

Re: Permit

Rip van Winkle.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I dont get it Jerry??

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin
        I dont get it Jerry??
        Rip vanWinkle bowled.........or so the legend goes.......a long time ago.

Comment

Would that be before Fred Flintstone?

Comment

What about #2#3#4???
            People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

Permit 1 on the bowling pins was Moore Bowling Pin Co Omaha, Nebraska made the Moore Elasti-Kote pin. It was the first plastic coated pin on the market. 2 was the Mapledge Corp, 3 was Snyder Sales their Mapleite Pin, 4 was Akron Bowling Pin Corp with their Multiliner pin, 5 was Brunswick's Dura King Pin on down through the MiXer, 6 was Mason Plastics with the Maplac 300 pin and 7 was AMF with the Weldcote. I have the permit list and it is interesting reading as there were tons of pin manufacturers all over the country. Some of them mom and pop places. Pins were made in California near Los Angeles and San Francisco companies were in Rhode Island, New Jersey, Canada, St Louis, Wisconsin and Iowa. I need to find a way to get it on the site but it would involve a lot of typing.

Mike F

Comment

Mike...do you have a scanner? or a digital camera?
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

well what was the permit ## for vulcan

Comment

Wes Vulcan has several permit nubmers 14(Vulcan),19(Vultex & Nyl Tuf Supreme), 32(Origianlly Ripley Dura Mark the Vulcan Dura Mark), 306(Nyl Tuf Supreme), 316(Nyl Tuf & Dura Mark), 328(Vultex 2), and 332 (Don Carter Pin). Vulcan as you know was making the Max for Brunswick and made other pins for other companies such as Eastern Bowling, DBA, Perry Austen, Murrey, and DO Magic. I use the permit list to keep up with what I have in the pin collection. I do have a digital camera let me see how well it takes the pic of the list and try to get it on here. My list stops at 335 but the bowl.com has list of current pins that have permit numbers.

Mike

Comment

God those Don Carter Pins bring back memories of watching my parents bowl the Indian League at Don Carter West. Did they run them for just one season?
                      God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!!!

Comment

CJ,

Well if I remember correctly I don't think Don Carter West ran them all that long maybe 6 months or so then they shipped them over to East where we mixed them in with the Vultex 2's we had there. So the pins were run for a season and then some but they scored good. I have a friend who grew up bowling at Don Carter Harvey Lanes where they had the Don Carter Pins with the red and black stripe like the old Vulcan Nyl Tuf Supreme.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the information. I always wondered about the different permit holders.

Comment

wow!!! you know your pins,,, hell of a job

Comment

I just remember reading bowling books from the late 50's and early 60's and saw all these pins with different labels. I started bowling in 1975 on Brunswick Red Crowns, Vulcan Nyl Tufs, and AMF Tournaments & Amflite Registereds(older sibiling to amflite 2). So started collecting and would hit all the bowling centers I came across. There are alot of pins out there I don't have because they were only used in a regional area for instance there was a company in Van Nuys, CA that made pins and my parents live in Los Angeles area I have not been able to come across one. There are as I am finding out more and more people that collect pins and they have info on pins that I didn't necessarily have.

Remember I always wanted one of the AMF pins with the meatball logo and was on a visit to see the grandparents in Salt Lake City we bowled at some 20 lane AMF Center with 30's they had cleaned lanes and when the table came down in the front there was one of the Meatball logo AMF pins. My dad knew we could never leave town without and went to the owner and bought it. I think I was 12 and that was 25 years ago and that center is gone. I still love to go on roadtrips to hit small town centers on the hunt for pins and vintage equipment a little like tallrick in that sense.

Mike F

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X