Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• counting pins

I have the most aggrevating problem of pinchasers that cannot count to 21. The pins get kicked out and the guys just cannot find the correct home for the pins. I've had up to 26 pins in one machine and 16 in others. I hate for machines to stop at 180 because of pin shortage. Does anyone else get aggreavated or do you care???

Re: counting pins

I have weekly staff meetings and after 2 years of explaining, it does not work with my mental giants.Also, they can not tell an AMF pin from a bruswick and keep mixing them. I even had a test to see which one of them could see the difference. RESULTS: 1 out of 6 knew the difference, so dont feel bad about them counting to 21!!!
    I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.

Comment

Simple solution:

Use a sharpie (permanent marker) and write a code on the base of the pin. Depending on the size of the house, you may use numbers, letters, or both. Put an index card in a plastic pocket on the rear guard labelled the same as the set of pins. Pick pin up off floor, toss it in machine with the same code.

EG this rotation all of set A1 belong in #1, etc. When you rest and clean, put the right index card in the jacket, and you're good to go

Kevin

Comment

hey kl,
        great idea and congrats on being tech of the year it was well deserved.
        brunsmechanic
        GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Comment

Great idea, with the marker thing... But plan on re-marking them often. I'd tried that in the past, but it seemed like the magic marker would wear off in a fairly short time. Anymore, I really don't get too bent out of shape over it though. Pins migrate bad enough on their own without my intervention (occasionally catch 'em jumping directly from one lane to the next on their own ) I usually go through once a week myself and count pins, (painfully easy after a shift, or before, all machines resting on 1st ball, should be one pin in the turret. Ten in the chutes and ten on the deck, pretty simple. It's funny though, how after a week, you'll find a pin that must have migrated through some 10 lanes or so. Lane 1's short, and 11's got two extra... Go figure
          Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Comment

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that pins will sometimes disappear from one machine and reappear in another machine on the other end of the house. I am quite certain that this the result of alien abuction. If only these higher life forms could return the "abductee" to its' home pinsetter, no one would be the wiser!!! I think the aliens are from the planet "pinchasia 3". I like the idea of marking the pins with a code to help relocate them to the proper machine, although the aliens are tracking every movement of the pins via some unknown method.
            But seriously, the marker on the bottom works for a while, and while pinchasers can manage to "read" a girly magazine: they seem to have a problem with the simple matching of a #1 on a pin with a #1 on a pinsetter. Good luck on getting the problem solved.

billman

PS The aliens are also responsible for that one sock that disappears from the dryer.
            let me be myself

Comment

I WORKED IN A 24 LANE CENTER WHAT I DID WAS STAMP THE LANE NUMBER ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PIN THAT WAY YOUR CHASERS JUST LOOK AT THE BOTTOM WORKED GOOD LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR YA J B

Comment

Great idea.I never thought to stamp or write Lane number on pin before,but i usually do a daily walk by and do a quick eye check on each machine for always 21 pins.Plus I find numerous little things wrong here and there like maybe a ready to break belt or a belt off pulley and pins on top of deck.List goes on and on but its a good Habit to have i think.... have a nice day

------------------

Comment

Guys,
                  I've found that it's not that they can't count or read a code...they just don't care. Period. Pinchasers and even some "B" mechanics are there to collect a paycheck. Nothing more. They will talk a good line to your face, but when you leave...it's sit down in a chair and read a magazine or something else. So code em...give them calculators or even tie strings to the pins...they just don't care! Sorry for ranting...but thats how I feel about the subject. Keep counting...lol

Steve
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I must agree with Steve. In the center I formerly worked in I was about the only one who made sure the machines had 21 pins per lane. I only worked three days a week and the number of pins lane to lane could get interesting. Hell we even tested a pair of Twisters and I found where one had been thrown in on the next lane which had Max's in it....hmmmm orange stripe grey stripe one of these pins is not like the other. It all boils down to collecting a pay check or really caring.

Mike

Comment

Okay guys please tell me that pinchasers around the country are that STUPID? I mean come on why would you need to stamp, paint, color code, bar code pins when normally one pin flies out at a time? Shouldn't it be so easy to see that a certain lane is missing one pin and merely place that pin into that machine?
                      It doesn't suprise me that good qualified mechanics are becoming harder and harder to find if that is what is coming up to replace all of us? I feel really sorry for the state of the game in the future.

Comment

I've seen lots of centers try lots of different things to keep pin count correct,one center used to paint the bottom of the pins different colors so you have green pin bottoms in one machines,red in another machines etc.I don't have a problem with mechanics who try those things but when its all over and done with I think that mechanics that take pride in their pinsetters usually do figure out how to get 21 pins in each machine without any kind of aid and the ones who don't care probably are going to screw the pin count up no matter what.

Comment

Guys...maybe instead of complaining about pinchasers that can't count pins...how about a better way of keeping them in? Any ideas?

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 05-27-2000).]
                          TSM & TSM Training Development
                          Main Event Entertainment
                          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

maybee these people cant count to 21 because their fingers & toes only add to 20
                            Si Senor, Derdago, Forte Lorez inaro.
                            Demainte Lorez, Demis Trux,
                            Foolacous Andens Andux.

Comment

Hello Pin counters, I worked in an AMF house with 82/70. We did not have a problem with pins jumping out of machines. It must be a brunswick thing, LOL.

Like someone said, I think it is lazy people, pick up pin, toss in closest pinsetter go back to talking to girl friend, or reading.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Stahl's "Tuffy Super Jam Stopper" in action!

So I decided to try a few of these, I mean the idea totally makes sense and recently I saw these in action and liked what I saw.

Basically, it's meant as an extension...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Pictures of new machines being installed...

Here are the accelerators and pits that came with the lanes, kickbacks, gutters, power lifts.

This a new way of building the supports for the lanes...

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

check this jam...

the ball stuck the table up

Working...
                              X