Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Pin Cleaner?

This monstrosity has been sitting in the back isle for a while now. Today I took this thing in the shop to see if it works. Well it does but it seems to be missing some sort of pin gripper? to hold the pin while it spins around it hmmmmm..... interesting concept, I think I woulda designed a machine to spin the pin, but thats just me. Anyways I considered buying a DBA spin clean till I saw the price, so thats not an option. It is a Flash Pin Cleaner made by Atlas Products out of Des Moines, IA. If anyone knew if the company is still around or had any info on this machine it would be very helpful

Thanks,
    Jerrid

[ May 05, 2001: Message edited by: jerrid ]
    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Re: Flash Pin Cleaner?

Jerrid;
    Look around your back end for a big aluminum pair of pliers, designed much as a pair of snap ring pliers, had a snout with knurls, that fit into the bottom hole of pin, ones hand indeed got very tired using this cleaner, however was very popular, owing to the price.
    The price factor was owing to the fact that there were no seals involved,trying to contain the various chemicals used.
    All in all, was fairly successful cleaner.
    Roscoe
    rfm

Comment

Roscoe,
      So your saying the pliers actually grip the pin from the bottom, to be put in machine head first? Tomorrow I will look around the back end for something like that. Thanks for your help Roscoe [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Jerrid
      and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

Another mystery solved ...

If I didn't throw them out, i have a pair of those pliers sitting in my shop, never could figure out what the heck they were for ... Thought it was for de-burring pipes, or something like that...

If I run across them, I'll post a pic ... and probably send em your way, jerrid, I have no use for them:

Kevin

Comment

Hey Kevin,
          If you still have them layin around let me know....Im sure we could work out a trade or something [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

jerrid

Comment

Roscoe:

Before I ship this puppy halfway across the country, please verify that this is the tool Jerrid's looking for:

I remember now that I tossed the machine itself out, because I couldn't find the part to make it work ... It was right under my nose the whole time [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Kevin

Comment

Kevin,
              Now that I see your pic, I think a pair like that got thrown out last summer (during my spring cleaning DOH!!!) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Well I would be happy to pay any shipping costs if you might want to get rid of em Kevin [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jerrid

Comment

Jerrid:

They went out today (wednesday), regular mail. Let your counter people know that it's not a twister pin in the box, and they should give it to you.

Happy pin washing ... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Kevin

Comment

Kevin,
                  Thank you Ill keep an eye out for the box. If my guys knew what was in it (or should I say whats in store for them) they would probably never give it to me [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Jerrid

Comment

Kevin,
                    Thank you so much for the pliers, I received them yesterday. Roscoe was correct about one's hand indeed getting very tired using this cleaner..... I cleaned 2 pairs worth of pins after I got it, but it does do a nice job. Do I owe you anything for shipping? Thanks again Kevin [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jerrid

Comment

Jerrid:

Whatever the tag on the box said, I believe it was about 7 bucks...

If I were going to use it myself, I would probably drill and tap one side, put a piece of threaded rod in it, with a clearance hole through the other side, with a thumbscrew and washer. That way, the pliers would clamp the pin by themselves, all you'd have to do is hold the pliers, would likely be a lot easier on the hand, as gripping that thing to keep the pin steady would seem too much like work to me ...

Kevin

Comment

THANK KEVIN
                        IM GLAD YOU PUT A PICTURE OF THAT PIN TOOL IN YOUR POST.
                        I HAVE ONE AND NEVER KNEW WHAT THE THING WAS.

JEFF KUHNLE
                        TWIN OAKS LANES
                        TOLEDO OHIO
                        WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Stahl's "Tuffy Super Jam Stopper" in action!

So I decided to try a few of these, I mean the idea totally makes sense and recently I saw these in action and liked what I saw.

Basically, it's meant as an extension...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Pictures of new machines being installed...

Here are the accelerators and pits that came with the lanes, kickbacks, gutters, power lifts.

This a new way of building the supports for the lanes...

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

check this jam...

the ball stuck the table up

Working...
                        X