Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunswick Max's

I am havimg such a horrible time with these pins. they DO NOT fall. I put my old AMFLITES back in the last 24 and scores, carry have gone up and stops gone down. do these have a lower CG the AMF? They DON'T fall
    Chris Doughten
    Lodge Lanes, Belleville Mi

Amflites and Brunswick pins are made in the same factory, but with different markings.

Are the Max's brand new? How much have they been used? Wood pins have a break-in period.
    You know, if my dog was as ugly as you. I'd shave his butt and tell him to walk backwards

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgolf12 View Post
      Amflites and Brunswick pins are made in the same factory,TRUE but with different markings.FALSE

Are the Max's brand new? How much have they been used? Wood pins have a break-in period.
      ​FIXED

The pins are different for sure!
      70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
      Prolane Walker sport

Comment

I think these pins share the same base construction. They probably share the same materials. One would need the 2 new pins side by side to see if they share the same dimensions. They may be the same pins, or maybe each pin still has its own specifications that make them still different to eachother.
        Nick

Comment

we rotate quiet often. Max's are 2 years old. with maybe a year of play
          Chris Doughten

Comment

I'm aware their made in the same place . thats how they sold us. my AMF's are much older and still have good carry and life to them but they're on there last leg
            Chris Doughten

Comment

Chris, I have a new set of the Brunswick max pins for the state tournament. We put them in for a
              month of break-in period and we had good scores right out of the box. We had 3 300's
              3 800's with 867 being the highest, now that was with our house shot. As I'm typing this , they
              just called in the back to tell me that we just had a 300 game and that was bowled on the
              white pattern #2. Years ago when we had a set of the max pins we went through the same
              thing you are and we just said it must have been a bad set.

Jim

Comment

Ours were purchased this past August...I have nothing bad to say about my batch as of now.
                Nick

Comment

That's about the same time we got ours and so far they have been falling good.

Jim

Comment

I must have a funky set. they have the same thing at our sister house with no issues. Well I'll just deal with it some how. Jim good luck with the State Tournament. If I bowl I'll say Hi to ya
                    Chris Doughten

Comment

Thanks sounds good. hope to see ya

Comment

My center also has Max's we got them about a year and a half ago. At least they did not bounce at all. This past summer we pulled them out and put the old pins in. This fall when we put them back in they started bouncing all over the place.
                        It only took two years and two new owners to finally be allowed to come in and work on lanes before we open........

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

A2 1 to 1 Gear Box Cover Replacement Due to Crack

I am refurbishing two converted A2 machines that I will be installing in my home basement this fall. One of them has a leaking gear box and cracked 1:1 gear box cover. I have...

Blue A2 Rebuild

Here are photos of the A2 that I just finished rebuilding and installing. Every single part on the machine came apart to be cleaned, painted, or replaced. All new rubber,...

Streamlane Mask Halo Lights

With huge thanks to "Toby" for all his help & expertise...my old masks now have for-real halo lights again.

Hybrid (and EcoFriendly) Bumpers (2012)

It's been about 10 years since we first tried this - 46 lanes and still working fine, auto air bumper cylinders on the BankShot bumpers. Here are videos of a home install with...

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

Working...
                        X