Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amflites to Score Kings

Second set of Score Kings and scoring didn't drop as much as expected. Had been using Amflites for years until rings started "onion ring" thing. Plan to continue using Score Kings. Goes through 8270s like Amflites. Only thing is Juniors and women have a harder time knocking them down. Men like carry and seem to have an easy time with them. 300's and 800's still happening on a regular basis. Way to go big B.

Originally posted by 8270tom View Post
    Second set of Score Kings and scoring didn't drop as much as expected. Had been using Amflites for years until rings started "onion ring" thing. Plan to continue using Score Kings. Goes through 8270s like Amflites. Only thing is Juniors and women have a harder time knocking them down. Men like carry and seem to have an easy time with them. 300's and 800's still happening on a regular basis. Way to go big B.
    They are both made by QAMF ( same pin different writing) and the onion peel was a bad run a few yrs, ago. That's why they seem the same.

Comment

I put in Score Kings first of the year - scoring dropped right away, carry was ok but not like Amflites out of the box. Two months later, they are coming around and the scores are showing it. I do like it that these pins have been in for two month and they look like they just came out of the box, the bellys are not beat in at all.

Marty - Pro Bowl West
      56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
      2 Kustodian Walkers
      http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Marty, I have had the same thing with the amflites from the yr. before last. Did'nt use right away. They have 2 months on them and they are'nt breaking in real fast. Maybe the'll last longer.

Comment

I have a new set of amflites from this year and with only 2 months on them, they are looking great. Bellies arent showing much compression. Have been resting for 2 months, using the OLD Score Kings from before Brunswick closed Antigo factory. Never had such a good set of pins, they are 6 years old with really only 3 years on them. Still looking and sounding great. Miss the Brunswick Antigo made pins, they were great. Haven't tries any of the QAMF Brunswicks yet. Last set of amflites didn't seem to last very long, even with my regular rotation. Hopefully these last better. Gonna put the amflites back in this week for my Tournament season.
          Tony Strublic, Center Bowl, The Bowling Store Pro Shop
          A/2's w/QAMF BES & MMS

Comment

Originally posted by 8270tom View Post
            Second set of Score Kings and scoring didn't drop as much as expected. Had been using Amflites for years until rings started "onion ring" thing. Plan to continue using Score Kings..
            Since QAMF is making Brunswick pins I was wondering if the bases on the Brunswick pins have the same onion peeling that the AMF pins have?
            And if the Brunswick bases are better why are they not used on the AMF pins. QAMF had to replace 32 boxes of pins for me a couple of years ago because the bases were falling apart.

Comment

Originally posted by jbl View Post
              Since QAMF is making Brunswick pins I was wondering if the bases on the Brunswick pins have the same onion peeling that the AMF pins have?
              And if the Brunswick bases are better why are they not used on the AMF pins. QAMF had to replace 32 boxes of pins for me a couple of years ago because the bases were falling apart.
              I think that was just a bad batch for a yr. or so. They should all be good now. (hopefully!)

Comment

I do not know how long the bases should last before they start falling apart. The set of pins I am using now were put in June 2010. They held up much better than the last set and have about 7500 lines on them. They are holding up ok internally but over the last few months I have had to take many of them out of the machine because the bases are falling apart and the plastic on the heads is starting to break and they look like the top of my head

Comment

Score King bases same as Pinacles black.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

A2 1 to 1 Gear Box Cover Replacement Due to Crack

I am refurbishing two converted A2 machines that I will be installing in my home basement this fall. One of them has a leaking gear box and cracked 1:1 gear box cover. I have...

Streamlane Mask Halo Lights

With huge thanks to "Toby" for all his help & expertise...my old masks now have for-real halo lights again.

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

Aluminum Repair and Welding

with our broken moving deck i have been asked to figure out if there is a way we can weld it back together in house for very little expense.
                  http://aluminumrepair.com/...

Setting Table Harness Connections

Hi, guys.

We recently replaced our setting table harness and when the machine's run in diagnostic mode, we get 01, 02, 03, 04 + 09 errors, or when you place pins...
                  Working...
                  X