Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonite UStrike Pins

Is anyone using or has tried Ebonite's UStrike Bowling Pins recently? I have a test set in a pair. USBC Permit #520 with a K12 Batch stamp on it. They Sound really good and solid. They do fly around very well. My only concern is that these test pins were not new out of the box. I would like to know if they have off spot issue's when new and how well they stand up to the test of time.

Amf is the best pin

For the extra $20 a box buy them

If you are on a budget buy Amflite B grade pin for a savings - ask about them when you csall to order

Comment

We have used amflite's up till 2009-2010. That year we had the bad set of 09's that the base's all cracked out of them. Sent Back 48 out of 96 cases. Since then we been using brunswicks glow pins which from what we have been told is the same pin just with the B on it. They have held up very good. I've just always noticed after a couple of months, both amf and B Pins sound a little dead. Sounds like the cover and core separate just a little bit to make that sound. Our building has always been on the low side with humidity. Usually below 20%. So i don't know if that is causing them to dry up and separate a little bit or not. In my opinion this set of UStrike test pins deffinitly fly around better than the A's and B's do. To me they sound like the Bruns Crown Pins we had in the 90's. With those pins we never had any separating of the covers. Only Necks would break off after a couple years.

Comment

With the surlyn molded cover you will always end up with voids under the cover.
        I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Originally posted by PJ View Post
          PJ is correct

You need a humidifier in the back if the humidity is that low - just for the pins

Comment

I know a guy in a small center that would store his pins in the original bag and box with a wet sponge inside. It was not high linage but he had good pins at 8-10 yrs. old.

Comment

Very true. What happens is that the wood core compresses from ball impact, which, then, separates from the surlyn cover.

Comment

Way back when we had dipped pin cover, the cover stayed conformed with the core.
                I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Way back when we had dipped pin cover, the cover stayed conformed with the core.
                  This is why I'm also curious about the long term performance of the new UStrike pins. They're coats are injection molded to the core. In theory, this should make one heck of a good bond and reduce voids. When I called (a few months ago) they were not ready to ship out yet.

If ebonite is slapping their name on it, I see them becoming a great product.

PinCup
                  We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

No thanks to any Nylon coated pin.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogMike View Post
                      No thanks to any Nylon coated pin.
                      Yep, Surlyn or bust if I'm buying pins. IMHO Surlyn coated pins carry better, look better when not brand new, and tend to last longer.
                      * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Yuuup. When I was cleaning and repairing pins, the pins would get three dips in "Clear Coat," letting them completely dry between coats. I believe that it extended the life of the pins (3 years in a high lineage house), and scoring remained high during the life of the pins.

Of course, I had three sets of pins in rotation.

Comment

The UStrike pin is a version of the Diamond Duramid pin. The nylon coating is supposed to be thicker and overall 'better' than the old Duramid pins. Haven't tried the UStrike pin, but did try the Diamond Duramid and personally saw a little more neck cracking than I thought should happen. IMO the Amflite pin is the best, but 20.00 less per box is something to consider.
                          I got it fixed--too bad it wasn't what I was trying to fix.

Comment

I wanted to revive this thread and see if anyone else has had any experience positive or negative with the UStrike pins.

Thanks,
                            Mike
                            Crenshaw Lanes
                            Florida State University
                            850-644-1819

Comment

Chris said he ordered 100 cases in this post.

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                              56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
                              2 Kustodian Walkers

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

MP Chassis Tester

Good morning,
                              I have built a tester for the MP Chassis for the 82-70 machines. Instead of using the cam switches
                              I am using relays. My question is to anyone that may...

Preventative Maintenance - As, Jets, A2s - LEDs

Those of you looking for new LED lighting ideas may want to check out this site. Lots of stuff.

www.ledsupply.com...

4:1 Timing off..

*sigh* Hello friends..

I had a 4:1 go bad and I've never seen or done one before. Trying to search the depths of the forums, YouTube videos, it didn't seem too bad....

Adapting the Bluffton end cap & terminal board kit to Franklin BE (and FE) motors.

Left a rant about this in the bowling forum…

I’ve already repaired a a number of Franklin FE motors using the Bluffton-style end cap and terminal board kit (090-004-582)....

Turret clutch rebuild

At what thickness do you replace the clutch face.
                              Is there a minimum dimension from the clutch face to the rivet.

Thanks...
                              Working...
                              X