Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond Duramid Pins

lineage? pros and cons....using amflites now but always trying to cut costs...responses greatly appreciated

thanks,
    john

Re: Diamond Duramid Pins

Not here, john. Here there is only one suitable pin. You will be cast as a pariah (unclean ! ) attempting to use anything that is not a Flite. It's sick. Sick, I say.
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

One pro is when you buy AMF more of the money that you spend stays in this country and in a way supports the jobs that support ours.
      One negative is when you buy Diamond Duramids your money goes to Mexico.

Comment

Have been to several centers where they had Duramids and the labels and stripes tend to wear off of them.

Mike F

Comment

amflites are the way to go..... hey john how is the mechanic at Captain's quarters doing ( DEA) !!!
          Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

We all drink the Amflite kool aid here in Jonestown.

Comment

Cutting cost can be done in other places around the center, have you done anything with your air filters, insulation and lighting to cut cost?
              Drill

David Bolt
              Champaign, IL
              USBC Silver Coach
              IBPSIA BOD
              IBPSIA Advanced
              Technical Certified
              Pro Shops

Comment

They make pins in Mexico? Who makes them in the US now, AMF Brunswick...?
                Old and obsolete? It's new to me!

Comment

I know AMF does.
                  * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

AMF is in New York

Brunswick is in mexico

I belive brunswick makes the duramids in their plant.

AMFlite is the way to go hands down.
                    A Clean machine is a Happy machine.

Comment

So I guess for me it's either new AMF pins or homemade recovered pins. It really bothers me when companies go outside the US to make products. One bad thing I had noticed about AMF pins though, termites seem to love them!
                      Old and obsolete? It's new to me!

Comment

Brunswick still makes their pins in Antigo, Wisconsin. Vulcan has had their factory there forever but Brunswick I guess bought them out.

Mike F

Comment

actually as of this year brunswick did fold operations in antigo and moved to mexico.

Comment

tallrick...

there are a couple of companies that recycle pins... one is based out of Ohio (Done-Rite) and the other in Virgina... I don't recall the second name, but I'll look for the information if you are interested...

A word of warning about these pins... they resurface the pins and they have a tendency to peel, you will only get a short life out of them... you get more for your money when you purchase new pins and then get into the habit of pin rotation....

Bob

Bob

Comment

I think all of these PATRIOTIC American businessmen should boycott all those bigshot companies that are moving south and overseas to triple their already out of proportion profits. The excise tax levid on products produced by the companies that have left the country and deserted the American worker should be so high, that it would have been more profitable to stay in the U.S. The tax should also include compensation for the displaced workers that wasted most of their lives working for these companies and can't find work (basically most of these laid off workers should be on welfare and CAN'T draw it!) While we are at it we should also
                              make the owners leave and live in the slums of the people that are making them all that money! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_curse.gif[/img]

BTW, some American businessmen are importing (or walk on) slave labor to work in jobs in our country. They should also have to pay!!!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Stahl's "Tuffy Super Jam Stopper" in action!

So I decided to try a few of these, I mean the idea totally makes sense and recently I saw these in action and liked what I saw.

Basically, it's meant as an extension...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Pictures of new machines being installed...

Here are the accelerators and pits that came with the lanes, kickbacks, gutters, power lifts.

This a new way of building the supports for the lanes...

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

check this jam...

the ball stuck the table up

Working...
                              X