Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting pins

Anyone have any luck painting pins? If so, what brand of paint do you use? We have many pins that are taken out of service because they have a big bad black belt burn on them. If we could find a paint that would stay on the pin and not scuff off on the ball, we could still use these pins for awhile. So far the suggestion that I have received is boat paint urathane based. Thanks for reading my post.
    Howard

Re: painting pins

I had preety good luck years ago using Rust-o-leum "Hard Hat" spray paint for colored pins. I see it is still available in many different colors in the Grainger industrial supply catalog.
    Good Luck, Glitch

Comment

i just grabbed a couple of enamel paint cans of the auto store across the street. goin on 12 years now

Comment

Paint all but the neck so the cameras will see the pins.

Then paint over the pin with clear urethane.

Jerry

Comment

why dont you just re-coat them? Paint chips and urethane erodes.

deadwood
          Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

I do what Jerry said for colored pins. I paint them (all but the neck) then give them a good coat of urethane. I do this every two or three years to my colored pins.
            Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Deadwood,

Urethane erodes.....LMAO

What do you think pin coat is???????????

Jerry

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?
              Working...
              X