Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Pins

Anyone got any good uses for old worn out pins ? I heard that gun clubs in the States buy them up for target practice? We have a skip full - it would be nice to make some cash from them.

Re: Old Pins

we give some to our local police to practice shooting the tops off(we do not use plastic pins)
    we use some for birthday party give aways(we paint them a diferent color, put the birthday person's name on the pin , tie some ballloons on it, presto a table centerpiece.
    the high school shop classes use them to make great bowling pin lamps.(wood lathe class)
    we had a couple of houston rocket players come in to bowl and we got rid of all our old bowling pins(they autographed them for our customers at no charge by the way)

Comment

Mine go to the police department. They are practically right next door, so they just come and pick them up. I don't mind giving them away for free, because the police really keep an eye on the place for me.
      Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Yea... Friends of mine and I use quite a few at the pistol range, and we have some other bowlers that use them for the same purpose.

Believe it or not, many people around here want to buy sets of 10, dunno for what, but I get a lot of requests for cases of used pins... they're really happy when I tell them they can HAVE 'em for free.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

We use ours for B'Day parties. We also sell them at $10 a box making it a point to ask what they are going to be used for. But mostly we use them as dust gatherers since we have some that have been sitting here for 5 yrs. I'd love to trash them but owners won't hear it.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Free trophys are a good use. Kids love them.

Comment

Around here, a few people use them for arts and crafts. One year, I got a pin painted like Santa Claus for Christmas.
              I always wanted a job in a bowling center. Now, it's just fun to help out once in awhile.

Comment

I asked one of the ladies that bowls in the summer women's league what she uses them for (she asks us for a couple pins quite often)... She said that her husband attaches a doll head to them, and she makes knit dresses to fit them, because they make really good bodies for doll stuff. They're really nice... I'm gonna try to get a picture of one to post.
                <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

My mother works for a nursery school. She makes Snoopys out of the pin. Take a knee high tube sock and stuff about 4 or 5 inches of cotton in the toe, pull it over the pin so that the cotton sticks out a 90 degree angle. Cut out some felt ears, put a black ball on the tip for the nose and some google eyes and draw a mouth with a red Marks-A-Lot. She's been doing that since I was a kid.

She's also painted a few pins up to look like the old fashioned Santa Claus, some sort of doll, and a nun. Really elaborate stuff.
                  Jason

Comment

Yeah - good stuff guys, at the moment I just give them out to the kids at birthday parties but I was hoping someone would have a use that we could make some money out of.

Comment

how about recycling them???? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Hard work and determination is the answer to all problems.

Comment

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Burn them.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenpin:
                            Burn them.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Carefully. Don't put in too many at once -- Surlyn burns hot. This thread from November 2000 details how Dutch almost burned his house down as a result.

Comment

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X