Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Pins

Does anyone know if Aluminum pins exist? I have a friend who says they used to exist in England. Anyone able to shed any light on this subject?
    PC

Re: Aluminum Pins

Hey PC
    Don't know about aluminum but there was a synthetic pin out years ago made out of magnesium. It was the first synthetic pin approved by ABC. It was called the Magna pin. I have one in my collection courtesy of Jerry (82/70 king).

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike

I think that could be the one. He thought they were called MagnaVox or something.
      Do you know if there are any around, I would like to add that to my collection?

PC

Comment

I could prolly scrounge up 2 or 3 more for serious collectors....email me if you are interested.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
          I could prolly scrounge up 2 or 3 more for serious collectors....email me if you are interested.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">1) Define "serious". [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

2) What costs would be involved?

Comment

is this the same as the flexi-belly pin?? the pin that was hollow steel with a plastic shell.
            Duct tape and cable ties = a solution to all your woes!

Comment

King: I'd be interested in a magna. The one I saw was by AMF (meatball label). It had a white plastic coating and a black bottom ring. This guy also had the same pin with the plastic removed for refurbishing.

Feel free to E-mail me if you can get your hand on one. I'll let you know what I've got extra of, if you're interested.

Thanks [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Mok....I need your address....if you want one.

Jerry

Comment

Hey Jerry i will take a couple!
                  email me at costante_ind@bigfoot.com

PC

Comment

PC,

I can do one pin.....what do you have to offer?

Jerry

Comment

Jerry:

Any chance of having one for me? Just let me know what you're looking for in return. I might still have some Sure-Stuck parts laying around...
                      [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I am very serious, though, about a trade. Please let me know.
                      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                        Mok....I need your address....if you want one.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Email address? Easily done -- mok@vorlonempire.com. Physical address? That comes through email if we can arrange something.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment

I heard a couple of years ago AMF was working on a new pin but never heard any more about it. I think their stock may have dropped to far to keep going on a new pin.

Comment

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...
                            Working...
                            X