Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper Gem

Hi All,

Just picked up a couple of these American DJ 'Hyper Gem' fixtures.

Here's some video,

YES!!!! They look they cool in the center.
    I mounted mine 20 foot from the foul line over the lane pointed at the bowler/foul line. I'm getting a 6 lane pattern.

Running them in my DMX512 network in 4 channel mode, and controlling them with Freestyler software, I've 'Patched' mine together rather than 'group'. In this way, I can keep my pindeck lamps running independent and my new Hyper Gems running the same pattern as one. They look so COOL!!!

(patching allows you to tell one fixture to use the values being send to another, eavesdropping you could say.)

The Hyper Gem will run in these modes,
    -Solo sound activated (will need to be near a speaker)
    -Master-slave (master runs all in sound active, master need to be near a speaker)
    -DMX 4 channel or 256 channel (DMX controlled)

I have already 'Mapped' these fixtures for Freestyler, PM me if you need the file.

If you're looking to add to your light show, these are about the best $112 fixture you can buy!

Happy Lighting,
    PinCup

Forgot to mention they are LED and can run all night long. NO duty cycles. Low power draw.
    We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Thanks for posting! They do look damn cool, and for the price, even better! I like the beam strength and different patterns. I bet your show now looks, off the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKO View Post
      I bet your show now looks, off the hook.
      Thanks Jacko, It's getting there. I just got the rope lights on power packs today. Freestyler has a built in add-on called DMX400 that chases rope lights great.
      With the addition of the Hyper Gems, off the hook is really close.

I'll post some video. I need to fog a little heavier for good video.

PinCup

Comment

Hyper Gem, Electro 3.1, rope lights

Before rope light

Electro 3.1 and Rope lights working.

PinCup

Comment

Here's some better video of the Hyper Gems.

We have 30' ceilings, so it's hard to get enough fog for them to show well on video.

PinCup

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X