Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator 1/2 power

Turn on lane 13 accelerator works. Turn on 14 and nothing. Both relays pulll in & look new. Front ball return works fine as normal
    So to use 14 we have to turn on 13 but it WASN'T always that way. Seems MAYBE after a pin underground with 3 balls last week something crept up. Motor was changed but to no avail. Hard to find ANY qualified & good mechanic knowing jap. A2 electrical in mchenry county ill . I'm fine with American wiring, well I survive. Lol.

Broken power wire in accelerator box going to the one relay, or bad relay contacts.
    Unplug power for accel, and breakers for machines to check for continuity on contacts.

Comment

Even though they looked in great shape I shall look at them better. Thanks !

Comment

Would be nice to have a spare box just in case then a quick swap out.

Comment

Just don't use Lane 14 LOL, Sorry... Agree with Wook, it has to be a broken wire or bad contact on one of the phases, assuming it is a 208 or 240 motor. The motor works on one lane so it can be eliminated, yes, there was no need to change it. Attached are a few pics of a booster box with cubes, the theory is still the same for boosters or accelerators. The wires "Cross" from one relay to another and both use the same high voltage source. Only the "feeds" to the relay coil are independent, one from each machine.

Contactor 5 C.jpgContactor 6 C.jpg

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 4.3.0.98

Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Nice set-up. It was a few brittle wires,one came off. Rewired the whole box. So glad to see they give ya lots of room in the boxes..lol.

Comment

Glad you found it.

Most pinsetter electric failures are easy to find.
              Its the intermittent short circuits that can make you pull all your hair out.

Comment

For a spare motor. Who has the lowest cost yet ball bearing accelerator motor ? Even a good used one.

Comment

What hair wook ? LOL Old Guy.jpg You can try Schemm Bowling, he has used ones, not sure if he has new ones. BTW, I used the same cubes for MS & Reset relays. Takes longer to get the covers off than to replace the relays.
                  Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk View Post
                    For a spare motor. Who has the lowest cost yet ball bearing accelerator motor ? Even a good used one.
                    Do you want 3450 RPM or 1725? 5/8" shaft or 1/2"? Would you consider changing to a V belt drive? 56Z shaft means oddball and both 5/8" and 1/2" with a flat side are oddball 56Z. If you can use a 5/8" keyed shaft you can buy a Frame 56 motor lots of places. Avoid "air over" and "automatic thermal overload" motors. You want a manual thermal overload so you have to push a button to restart.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X