TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiphone NEM-30A, no incoming call ringer tone

The ringer tone on our Aiphone NEM-30A has stopped working. Calls from the lanes still light up the corresponding LED on the board and you can answer a call and talk back and forth. But no audible ringer tone when there's an incoming call. I've fiddled with the tone volume preset switch and the master tone volume pot on the back of the unit with no luck.

I plan on opening it up for a closer look but wondered if there's any suggested starting points for troubleshooting. It's an old unit and the mass of wires on the back is ridiculous.
    Don't let those quick fixes become permanent ones; the job is not done until it is done right.

There should be a tone volume switch, or potentiometer on the back of the base unit.

Edit: NM, I see you fooled with those already.
    I would think its time to open it up and look for a broken wire somewhere.

Comment

Well, I opened 'er up, didn't find any broken wires. Twiddled the volume pots some more, switched the volume preset switches a bunch, tested continuity on a few things, lastly tested the power supply with the multimeter which showed as OK. Put it back together and hit the call button on one of the scoring pedestals. Base station rang as normal. Phew.

I'm gonna go with, uh, power cycling fixed the problem.
      Don't let those quick fixes become permanent ones; the job is not done until it is done right.

Comment

It's intermittently going back to no/too low ringer volume. I think it may be the 3-position ringer volume switch, either worn out or a bad solder joint.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
        I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
        Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
        Working...
        X