Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-video to flat screen conversion?

I have Bowltronic M4-auto scoring system, and i am looking for a way to maybe eliminate these "game blaster" cards (pc to s-video).. Are there any adapters out there that will work to bypass these, and connect from the pc video card directly to a newer flat screen overhead?
    * Duct tape and bailing wire are NEVER an acceptable fix *

Most flat screen come with a VGA input, which is what a computer uses (PC video card). In which case you shouldn't need an adapter.
    Not familiar with the scoring system but if you can hook up a regular computer monitor to it and get your picture without using an adapter then you should be able to just plug into any flat screen with a VGA connector.

If you have S-video feeding directly to your monitors you may be able to use something like this S-video to RCA adapter, as most TV's also have RCA inputs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-7-Pin-S-...item1c1b19cac3
    Last edited by cuda96; 02-03-2012, 12:14 PM. Reason: Other option
    You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by laneman24 View Post
      I have Bowltronic M4-auto scoring system, and i am looking for a way to maybe eliminate these "game blaster" cards (pc to s-video).. Are there any adapters out there that will work to bypass these, and connect from the pc video card directly to a newer flat screen overhead?
      Bowltronics M-4 is a machine triggering system that is used by Twelve Strike, so were "game blasters" video cards.

I dont see why you couldnt just go s-video connections.

Marty - Pro Bowl West
      56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
      2 Kustodian Walkers
      http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

On the twelve strike system with game blasters you cannot hook up a new style TV (LCD) to them. The picture will continue to roll. The fix from 12 strike is to replace the video cards with ones that don't need game blasters. I believe these new video cards require a change of mother board also. Might as well install new lane computers. Sounds like too much expense. We are finding as many used CRT TVs as we can for repalcements right now as we are not ready for this capital expense right now. Maybe there is an adapter out there somewhere that will adapt the game blaster to the LCD TV. The other problem we run into is the newer TVs are not being made with S-Video.
        (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback. After much searching, I have found an adapter that can convert from s-video to rca. That being said, I've ordered one in to give it a shot. Here's the link : http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...121&sku=13058# It doesn't solve the problem of finding newer compatible "game Blaster" cards however. I will post with results.

Comment

Thanks for the idea Cuda!

Comment

Welcome.

Hope it does indeed work for you!
              You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse