Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent solenoid problem

I have Brunswick A/2's with frameworx scoring and brunswick ETU's. One of my lanes will periodically not cycle. The light on the ETU will flash and it will send power to the solenoid but it's too weak to trigger the linkage. I have tried everything I can think of to eliminate this problem. I have changed the ETU several times. Sometimes with a new good one and sometimes with a known working one. Will work OK for a while then it will continue with a weak trigger. I have changed the relay in the ETU with the same results. I have changed the wiring from the electrical box to the plug for the cycle solenoid as well as the wiring from the plug to the solenoid. Same thing, will work ok for a while then back to intermittent FTT's (fail to trigger) I have change the cycle solenoid itself with the same results. Any new ideas would be helpful. Thanks all

Have you measured voltage to solenoid to make sure proper amount is going to it ?

maybe solenoid adjustment or plunger issue....

Wrong spring making solenoid work hard....

Check your clutch lever bearing also....

Mike
    DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Do you have a 110v solonoid on this machine?
      (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Yes, 115v in there right now

Comment

IMO the 115v solenoid is not always strong enough to pull the spring that the book says to use on the belcrank. Use 12-450051 which is the pingate spring. I have to do that on many of my machines with the 115v solenoids.
          (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

If I remember correctly the Brunswick fix for this is to order the 230v solenoid with instructions to rewire your electrical box to accommodate 230v.

Comment

Thanks, I will try changing out that spring and see what happens. My next move was going to change to a 230v solenoid. I have a few 230v solenoids around but don't remember how to wire the box for the change. Does anybody have those instructions???

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse