Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solderless Breadboards / Arduino

Has anyone experimented with using solderless breadboards or Arduino microcontrollers? I just bought a kit ....seems like a good way to learn more about electronics. I would think that there would be some applications that would be useful in bowling. At a minimum, maybe as a testing device for relays, etc.

Solder-less breadboards are great for testing circuit designs and allowing changes on the fly. Do you have a particular application in mind?
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

The best project would be if I could learn to take the RGB output of our scoring boards and convert it to digital. Mostly , just trying to learn more right now.

Comment

I use them all the time for testing obsolete parts - they work great & are inexpensive. There was a thread in the AMF scoring forum about converting RGB to VGA - there are a ton of 'converters' out there - just do a google search. No need to go to the trouble of doing it yourself.

Jon
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Thought of a couple more ideas over the weekend. I have some (very)basic experience with Visual Basic, and was able to write some code to turn my Arduino on with a VB program. There are relays that accept low <12VDC current to turn on high voltage switches. This would allow me to write code to turn on various electrical...ie lights, pinsetters . A more practical idea would be a thermal monitor say, for snack bar freezers in case someone shuts off a circuit breaker during the summer hours.

Comment

Originally posted by A2bobwj View Post
            A more practical idea would be a thermal monitor say, for snack bar freezers in case someone shuts off a circuit breaker during the summer hours.
            Easy. You'll need a thermocouple, a few flip-flops and a relay to switch the alarm(s) on and off. Bias the flip-flops to switch at a certain temperature, and go from there. If you want, you can also program the flip-flops to switch if the freezer gets too cold. This would, almost, guarantee that the food inside the freezer stays at a certain temperature. Give the device a ten degree swing (say, -5 to +5 degrees) and you'll be OK. Remember too, that, if the thermocouple is located some distance from the circuit board, just use coaxial cable (RG-174/U) to make the connection. Regular hook-up wire would be prone to interference from other sources.

Now, to get fancy, you can add digital read-outs to monitor the temperature inside the freezer. And if that ain't enough, you can build additional circuits (on the same board) to monitor a fridge, deep fryer and more.

Comment

We use these for temperature monitoring:
              http://www.sensoscientific.com/
              When an alarm it tripped, the main unit sends out emails, and text messages to cell phones.

The system pays for itself the first time you dont have to empty out a walk-in full of food.

Comment

I've been checking out the raspberry pi and arduino to monitor the rake down switch operation to determine if the machine is in a failed state, i.e 180,oor, ftt. Working great now but only on 4 lanes!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X