No announcement yet.

Looking for part for our outside PA System


Adsense Classic 1



  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for part for our outside PA System


    I am trying to track down this part for our PA sytem. It is the volume control for a section of our volleyball courts. Not sure exactly what it is called, and no local places seem to know anything about it either.

    The numbers on it are TDC QC-01A and at the bottom are 0535 aCY202v0-1

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

  • #2
    Just a simple (old looking) potentiometer. Picking the right one depends on the resistance rating of the original.

    These people might be able to help pick the appropriate value.
    State Electronics is a leading manufacturer of custom and standard potentiometers.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S


    • #3
      It looks like a 70 volt to 8 ohm transformer with a pot on top for volume control. Nothing new here, it's just the old school version.

      I thinks this what your looking for.........

      As far as finding the OEM replacement part, chances are not so good. So a little modification is in order.


      • #4
        I would try They are an awesome supplier of electrical/circuit parts and can save you tons of cash in the end. I've used them before for Brunswick scoring repair parts like resisters and capacitors. They have a wide range of potentiometers too! =)


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kanga View Post
          Just a simple (old looking) potentiometer.
          Originally posted by jim_long View Post
          It looks like a 70 volt to 8 ohm transformer with a pot on top for volume control.
          Both of you are very close, but no cigar. It's a variable transformer.

          The red wire is the input, the green wire is the output, and the black wire is the common ground (or return).

          On 70 volt PA systems, there can't be a regular volume control because it will put a resistance overload on the 70 volts to the other speakers. The 70 volts must be constantly at 70 volts; therefore to regulate the volume level to the volleyball zone, a line matching transformer must be incorporated. This will keep a constant 70 volts on the line from the amp to the speakers, while regulating the variable voltage to the zone speaker(s).

          The cheap and dirty way of doing the same thing is to use a 70 volt line to speaker matching transformer, then install a 10 ohm variable potentiometer from the output of the transformer to the speaker. A 10 ohm pot is close enough to the 8 ohm speaker to work. Just make sure the pot is rated at 10 watts or better.

          Originally posted by Dale00474 View Post
          I would try
          Allied Electronics of Chicago; Ramsey Electronics and All Electronics are also good for electronic components.

          Benchtop RF Shielded Test Enclosure/ Faraday Cages are a revolution in RF testing, providing unmatched isolation in a controlled RF-free test environment. Shielded Test Enclosure, EMP Shield, Faraday Box, Faraday Cage, Faraday, EMP Protection, Ramseytest


          • #6


            Topic Starter RibbonScript


            Adsense Classic 2

            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

            MP Chassis Tester

            Good morning,
            I have built a tester for the MP Chassis for the 82-70 machines. Instead of using the cam switches
            I am using relays. My question is to anyone that may...

            Preventative Maintenance - As, Jets, A2s - LEDs

            Those of you looking for new LED lighting ideas may want to check out this site. Lots of stuff.


            4:1 Timing off..

            *sigh* Hello friends..

            I had a 4:1 go bad and I've never seen or done one before. Trying to search the depths of the forums, YouTube videos, it didn't seem too bad....

            Adapting the Bluffton end cap & terminal board kit to Franklin BE (and FE) motors.

            Left a rant about this in the bowling forum…

            I’ve already repaired a a number of Franklin FE motors using the Bluffton-style end cap and terminal board kit (090-004-582)....

            Turret clutch rebuild

            At what thickness do you replace the clutch face.
            Is there a minimum dimension from the clutch face to the rivet.


            Solderless relay conversion

            Is anyone running the solderless relays on the accelerators? How do you like them? What brand? How difficult to convert was it? Would love the feed back as I'm about to switch...