Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making TDM's adjustable.

I have some machines that the time delay cycles like right now when machine is triggered instead of the 3 sec delay. Would like to put in a potentiameter to correct this. Does anyone have part numbers, where to add the part or diagrams on this. All help would be appreciated. Have no idea on how to add these in but I know I can figure it out with your guys help.

Thank's
    Marky Mark

jb1.png Image added for Featured Use

Remove timing resistors and install a 5K potentiometer.
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

That doesnt help me Steve nor really answers my question.

Comment

I posted a drawing of where I put in the potentiometers in them to add some delay, but I cannot find it now.
        Essentially, you can just cut one side of the 2 timing resistors where they are soldered on the main component mount loops. I used a 10k pot. It has 3 terminals, you only use the middle and one of the outside. Solder those 2 legs onto the place you cut the resistors out to put the new pot in series. Turning the pot fully one direction will add 0 time to the original, fully the other way will add many seconds.
        If i find it, I'll post it. i thought it was in the Bruns photo section.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Here is an image of a TDM without the adjustable pot. It has the original timing resistors.

jb1.png

Here is an image of TDM with the adjustable pot. This is a 5K pot...but you can use a 10K like Ted mentioned. I see the 10K to be a bit touchy for my liking...but it works just as well.

jb2.png

How do you put it in? Look at the top pic and you will see a grouping of resistors. You will need to remove them by either cutting them out or desoldering them. Then you need to solder the potentiometer onto the same leads the timing resistors came from. As Ted mentioned...you need to use the middle leg and either end. Makes no difference which end.
          Last edited by Steve Stafford (JBEES); 12-24-2014, 10:33 PM.
          Main Event Entertainment

Comment

This is a Japanese TDM but the American is not much different. Electrically they are almost identical. They are in this area...but the resistors will look slightly different.

I do not have a part number for you but you can use this from Mouser.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...XQRrf1KsvBg%3d
            Last edited by Steve Stafford (JBEES); 12-24-2014, 10:45 PM.
            Main Event Entertainment

Comment

If you get the pot in there and it doesn't solve the problem, it's the timing capacitor. In the picture, it's the small cap under terminals 13-14 (silver in color), it may be shorted internally. The blue cap towards the bottom of the housing determines the length of the firing cycle, they are usually 1000MFD. You can install a 250MFD cap there and put another pot in to adjust the length of the cycle. It's just plain old fun to do...........

Here a conversation: http://www.bowltech.com/forums/archi...p/t-49724.html

Comment

Originally posted by Marky_Mark View Post
                That doesnt help me Steve nor really answers my question.
                Does that?
                Main Event Entertainment

Comment

If you are on first ball, check for 24 volts as TDM terminal 15, if you have voltage present that is why you are loosing the time delay, could be a mis wired 1-2 ball light switch.
                  TDM #15 usually gets its voltage from the second ball light circuit.

Yes, you can install a pot, but if you are getting 24 volts at TDM #15 when on first ball, you will not get a time delay.
                  Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                  804-240-4982

Comment

Very good point John...not sure if he ever solved his issue as he never did reply back.

If one of you is looking to do this, as John mentioned, if you have voltage on TDM 15...you will not have the delay. Places to check would be your scoring system (depends on the type as to why this would be an issue), your 1st/2nd ball light switch, the wiring to the 1st/2nd ball light switch or in some rare cases, the 1st/2nd ball lights themselves. There is a retrofit for LED's that can back-feed voltage to the 2nd ball light circuit causing the TDM to see a voltage...just enough to charge that capacitor mentioned above...and cancel the delay function of the TDM.

All of what has been posted is for the older style TDM's. (American and Japanese) The newer versions...and there seem to be quite a few these days...will not have this setup and changing them will be more difficult. If you have a style you are trying to change...let us know and we can try to find an answer for you.
                    Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse