Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF Spectrum Ball Returns

Am curious how many houses still have the AMF Spectrum ball returns in use, how are they working, any problems on undergrounds with them, and where can I find spare parts in US? Will appreciate any input on this!

Re: AMF Spectrum Ball Returns

Contact Don Carter Cityview in Fort Worth, Texas...They have 33 Spectrum Returns that all run...were removed last summer...they are letting them go real cheap...

Comment

Thnks Michigan!

Comment

they are letting them go real cheap...

I can understand that, as someone who has 10 years experience on Spectrums, I do believe they are the worst Ball return ever made. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Frank
        always doing my best.

Comment

Hell, I threw out 16 of them last summer - best thing we ever did was get rid of those things and put in frameworks lifts.
          Marty - Liberty Lanes
          56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
          2 Kustodian Walkers
          http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Well, I need some parts to get me through, so if anyone has any, please let me know!

Comment

willey YOU'VE NEVER HAD LAZYSUSANS [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by WHERE IS THE SHOT:
                willey YOU'VE NEVER HAD LAZYSUSANS [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And what is wrong with Lazy Susans, other than they look VERY dated? They are the simpliest returns ever made. A monkey could make them work!
                Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Shot, I started in 1969 in a 30 Center with Lazy Susans, my record for an underlane was 45 Balls and 1 Hot-Dog. I still believe the Spectrum was the worst I ever worked on.

The one's I worked on were only 2 years old and already they had had the main frames welded on a few of them, as for tearing up balls, they have no rival, I never seen a Susan mark a ball.

In my Center I had 4 of the Austalian womens team members bowling,every one screamed there was no OIL, unfortunately we could'nt put it on the lanes because of those Spectrums.

Believe me I tried every thing to get those returns to work, we modified the motor brackets so they would'nt break, we had them sit as low as posible, I modified the upsweep rails to bring them in closer, meanwhile our AMF Warehouse was sending us junk belts, the green one's that worked, they stop supplying and sent us some black things that were inferior. We blew more motors, in those Spectrums, than I ever seen working for 36 years in Bowling centers.

Only on this site years later did I see a method that may have worked, the use of a double cover on the upsweep rails, unfortunately I was not working in that center at that time, so I could not judge that modification. Unfortunately that Center is now closed and I know we lost Bowlers to those returns, especially those Bowlers who Bowled 16lb White Dots or similar Balls, because eventually those balls got STUCK in the return, it was inevitable.

Even though we had trouble with the returns we still had the best running machines for AMF in Australia on FPS, which was recorded in every center, tabulated and a list sent to every other center every week, this included ball return calls. I worked on them for 10 years, and tried everything to get rid of them. Eventually I convinced the Bosses to change them with a center which was replacing thier Sure-Pic's with 90's, but I left before it happened and some bright spark thought it was a terrible idea so it never happened, what a shame, the center might still be open.

Frank
                  always doing my best.

Comment

tonn30s They Are Simple To Work On But They Do
                    Not Like Light Balls The Light Balls Can Hardly Make It Up The Wood Ramp,Mix That With Oil And You Have The Makings Of A Nightmare.1 More Thing To Add Parts Are Getting Hard To Find Currently
                    I Need Some Ball Check Belts And I Cannot Find A Supplier.

Comment

The only time I have a light ball not make it is if the black retread is gone. I would suggest taking one of your good belts to an auto supply store, they should be able to get you some, even if they have to order it. Motors from a sure stuck will work if the field winding wiring is reversed so the motor turns the correct direction.
                      I also remember a tip that Dutch gave on the LS. Take the big curved rubber piece that goes in front of the cushion, ball door side, from an 82-70. Attatch it above the leather strap. It helps the ball get wedged between the tire and the strap and will pull the ball up. He even said it had enough force to push a ball on the floor if the circle was full!
                      Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

I have a Spectrum ball return that starts and stops every 10 seconds. Tried changing outlet, motor, and pc board still does it with either lane or the pair on. Any suggestions.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X