Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Brunswick Maksin Units

Our center if gong to restore our old masking units as part of a retro remodel, i am not sure but can anyone tell me the model of masks we have, this is how they look. They are made of wood, circa 1958 when the cneter opened, The are individual per lane and you can somewhat see through them at the center. They look like the ones in the classic center in the gallery.

Re: Old Brunswick Maksin Units

I think they might be Brunswick Crown Imperial (I may be wrong, and someone can correct me). Do they have a Brunswick Crown on them in the center, and they have a checkerboard like look that slopes in the center of the mask?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheChaser:
      Brunswick's Model of Masking units in 1958-59 was Crown Imperial. They are single lane units that are attached to the pinsetter by using a tube & pipe system. Their are probably very few Centers that still have these units. Good Luck on remodeling this model.

EDJ

[This message has been edited by EDJ (edited 01-31-2001).]

Comment

Those things always reminded me of the grill of a 1958 Cadillac. A little gaudy.

Comment

I remember there was a center here in Dallas that had those Crown Imperial. They eventually put carpet over them. Apparently when Don Carter West renovated here in Dallas there was talk of doing it retro. I was a big fan of the old Brunswick Starshields with the multi colored bursts on them. Did see a Center in Whittier, Ca (near Los Angeles) that had there old Gold Crown equipment ball returns and masking units repainted very tastefully. Even the metal on the masking units was polished up. The Starshields would fit in nicely with the Glow Bowling these days. Amazes me how much cardboard is used in todays masking units.

Mike F

Comment

Hey mike was that the circle bowl or blazer bowl that did taht?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• 1mechanic1
              Masking units
              by 1mechanic1
              We have the Brunswick Gold Crown double masking units in this center With diamond patterned inset on these masks they are a real pain in the ( o ) to clean. I was wondering if...
              05-15-2008, 02:25 PM
            • matthewlafreniere
              Old dusty Brunswick equiptment
              by matthewlafreniere
              I don't know much about this stuff other than it was pretty cool. Its been buried in the basement of our center behind a wall for years. Any idea of what the masking units or...
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 5 photos.
              12-21-2017, 11:45 AM
              Masking Units
              by Guest
              We are in the middle of a remodel. I am told by corp. office that we are getting new masking units. But they haven't told me which ones. Yes this is true, I'm not kidding....
              02-14-1999, 07:07 PM
            • Rodj
              Unknown masking units?
              by Rodj
              I have seen these masking units at a few centers including Kegel's Training Center, they look just like Brunswick Frameworx masking units, but these have a strike and foul light...
              02-07-2017, 07:18 PM
            • ColJim
              Starlight Masking
              by ColJim
              Does anyone know what bulbs go in the Starlight masking units ? Are they an automotive bulb ? I've taken some out and that is what they look like . Not sure though as some of...
              07-01-2014, 10:27 AM

Stahl's "Tuffy Super Jam Stopper" in action!

So I decided to try a few of these, I mean the idea totally makes sense and recently I saw these in action and liked what I saw.

Basically, it's meant as an extension...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Pictures of new machines being installed...

Here are the accelerators and pits that came with the lanes, kickbacks, gutters, power lifts.

This a new way of building the supports for the lanes...

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

check this jam...

the ball stuck the table up

Working...
            X