Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astroline powerlift and racks

we have a pair of lanes that have the astroline circle racks. and we are having problems with light balls getting out of the powerlift. they come up both tires jsut fine but when they shoot out the opening on the hood they roll back towards the wheels. i have rasied and lowered the rack to no luck. replace the v wheel on the top with a tire nothin. checked out the rubber on the c track and it looks perfect. there is no flat spots on it anywhere. it almost acts like there might be to much pressure between the wheel and the c tracks. i have no clue about powerlifts honestly they dont set pins lol. any help would be appreciated.

When the ball exits a Burnswick lift onto any tray, is slides on the hard fiber transition rails. The ball is spinning backwords as is slides on these side rails. If your tray is too high, the ball will roll towards the lift. If you can't lower the tray, you'll have to add shim under the lift frame.

So, remove the anchor bolts, front or back, and raise the lift so it's 14 3/4" from the bottom of the lift to the approach surface - shimming then reanchoring either the front or back, then reanchor that end before you remove the other end and shim it up to the same height. Sometimes the end of the track or retarder is fastened near the lift - that too will have to be losened so it can be raised (shimmed) with the lift.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

ran through and shimmed up the front and back of the powerlift and everything works like a champ. thanks for the help

Comment

okay a few months after my original problem. the balls spinning back to the lift is back. the entire lift has been shimmed to 14 3/4 from bottom of lift to approach surface. sometimes the heavy balls roll back onto the rack just fine. but the light balls are getting stuck almost all the time. they will just sit in the lift and spin where they exit the lift

Comment

Try swapping the tiny transition tracks side to side to see if the wear spot that occurs is the culprit.
          70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
          Prolane Walker sport

Comment

i actually found some new ones laying in a bin yesterday morning and put them on and am still having the same problems

Comment

On the Astroline orbitals, there was an issue with the fiberglass at the ball exit of the lift. Brunswick came up with a plate to mount there to pull the fiberglass track down so the ball would exit properly. I don't think the plate is available any longer...but you can get the idea by looking in the parts manual for the ball rack and you can see the plate, carriage bolt and locknut. You can make your own plate or just use a carriage bolt to hold it down. Not sure if your ball racks already have this modification but if they don't, this may be what is causing your issue.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X