LOOKING FOR HELP
    I work with 82-70 machines
    and the light ball sensor band that moves the rudder kicking out balls
    continues to keep popping off
    the band after a few ball have been through the system
    will just pop off
    any ideas ?
    much appreciated mike

We need a little bit more info to help you here. When you say the “band” is that the belt on the rudder? If it is make sure all the belts are inline and that the PBL has no major sideways movement. Check the belt tensioner moves free and also the correct 3 belts have been installed on it.

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Peter

Comment

I'm also presuming it's the rudder drive belts and I agree with Ausweegie's assessment.

But I'll add the following.

-- Is the belt tightener sitting square with the belts? If not lubed properly the oilite bearings in the two forks get worn and will allow the assembly to tilt towards the odd machine.

-- Condition of the double pulley on the tightener. Are there any dents in the pulley's groove that the belt sits in??

-- The tube shaft mounted in the odd kickback frame that holds the rudder crank shaft. Is the set screw holding it in place tight?? If loose it can allow the rudder crank pulley to wobble.
      -- Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Broken Things!

Here ya go. This will get us started. This came off lane 40. Feel free to pile on!...

Help-broken Part

my crew was clearing a pin jam when the part fell on to the pin-deck. no enough experience to know where this is or what it's called. looking for help so we can order the part...

Qubica VDB Battery Replacement Part 2.

Greeting all.
      I am sharing a link for a video, part 2, on how I replaced the battery in a Qubica VDB unit.
      Thanks for looking.
      Bolton454

Pin Damage

I have GSX pinsetters just over one year old. Just one of my machines is causing this damage to my pins. I have already adjusted the pin deflector boards to cover the bottom bolts...

Gold Crown Masking Unit

Here are some photos of a Brunswick Gold Crown single masking unit that I refurbished. I stripped off the old orange vinyl skin and used it to make a template for the new green...
      Working...
      X