Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep Motor help

I have a sweep motor overheating changed chassis changed capacitors, top of motor with 3 different ones changed solid state starter, gearbox, plug, and all pins in machine and chassis. Checked all connections. Now what? Im stumped any advice will help
    Thanks

Try replacing the sweep run and sweep reverse switches in the back end control box. Replace the sweep reverse first.
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Tried sweep switches no help. Checked capacitor resistance was 1249 think it is originally 1250 right? Motor gets super hot in 5 min then trips. Also has a deep buzz when sweep runs. I have 120v at plug.

Comment

sounds like an issue with the start winding wiring. Did you try a good working solid state?
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Kind of sounds like the plug is wired up incorrectly or that you have a loose or broken wire in the insulation. Did you change the cable or just the plug? Compare the wiring to the next machine over.

Comment

Replaced plug. Also double checked the plug wiring. All is good as far as I can tell. The voltage is 120 at plug. Running Westinghouse combo motors.

Comment

P.s. It only takes about 5 min before it heats up and trips.

Comment

Check linkages and sweep shaft bearings for binding.

Comment

Linkage and bearings are good. Disconnected arm and moved sweep manually. No binding.

Comment

Update. First off thanks to everyone that helped. Much appreciated. The thing that really helped was you said to replace things with ones you know work. I have read it many times before but for some reason it stuck with me today. Thanks again
                    so I swapped the table and sweep solid state starter. The table over heated. Bingo! Lesson learned hopefully not forgotten. Crazy thing is one was new.

Comment

Glad you got it figured out.
                      - Albert Einstein

Comment

That is why I like to keep my motors OEM. I really do not like the SS switches.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse