Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was...interesting, lol.

Came in this morning and found a couple of new entries on the trouble sheet from last night.
    #5 - Continuous sweep run...swapped chassis & sweep over-ran with spare chassis, so I adjusted sweep cams.
    #19/20 - Ball return squeaking(Power lift)

I decided to go for the low hanging fruit first & pulled the cover off the power lift. Diagnosis, bad bearings in the lower shaft assy. I've got a couple spare assy's ready to go, so this shouldn't take too long.

But...an unscheduled youth group came in, so I had to pause that little project and put on my desk manager/babysitter hat for a while. As that was going on I mulled over #5 in my head.

After the group was done I checked out the chassis from #5 which was sitting on the work bench in back. Pin pushed out the back of the C2A...a top pin with plenty of slack in the wire...sweet, an easy fix! I fixed that and put the chassis back on #5 . No more continuous sweep, but now the BE motor wouldn't start, wtf. I put the other chassis back on and got the same result, ugh. Found a pin pushed out the back of the connector on the C1 plug, machine side. So I replaced that, put the original #5 chassis back on & readjusted the sweep cams. Now that it's running flawlessly, time to get back to that powerlift.

BUT NO! Pin jam on #1, or so I thought. Nope...distributor hung up on the shuttle because there's a pin wedged in the table. Cleared that up, then the carpet stopped running. I looked down and saw the plow on the 10 pin side had broken loose and was binding against the rear roller. Just as I was reaching to kill the switches the pin elevator threw its belt which then got pulled and folded under the pit motor and in between #1 & #2. F*@k!

I moved the bowlers from #1 to #3. They were only 2 frames into their first game and were very understanding. I got someone else to cover the front desk for me while I wrestled with that belt and reattached the plow.

Just as I finished that, blackened hands & forearms, a scheduled HS group came in, so I cleaned up & went back to manning the front end.

End of my shift, cover is still off the powerlift on #19/20, so I put it back on & said f#@k it, I'll fix that next time lol.

Sounds like every Monday morning for me!

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewCarleo View Post
      Sounds like every Monday morning for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Motivated View Post
        Came in this morning and found a couple of new entries on the trouble sheet from last night.
        #5 - Continuous sweep run...swapped chassis & sweep over-ran with spare chassis, so I adjusted sweep cams.
        #19/20 - Ball return squeaking(Power lift)

I decided to go for the low hanging fruit first & pulled the cover off the power lift. Diagnosis, bad bearings in the lower shaft assy. I've got a couple spare assy's ready to go, so this shouldn't take too long.

But...an unscheduled youth group came in, so I had to pause that little project and put on my desk manager/babysitter hat for a while. As that was going on I mulled over #5 in my head.

After the group was done I checked out the chassis from #5 which was sitting on the work bench in back. Pin pushed out the back of the C2A...a top pin with plenty of slack in the wire...sweet, an easy fix! I fixed that and put the chassis back on #5 . No more continuous sweep, but now the BE motor wouldn't start, wtf. I put the other chassis back on and got the same result, ugh. Found a pin pushed out the back of the connector on the C1 plug, machine side. So I replaced that, put the original #5 chassis back on & readjusted the sweep cams. Now that it's running flawlessly, time to get back to that powerlift.

BUT NO! Pin jam on #1, or so I thought. Nope...distributor hung up on the shuttle because there's a pin wedged in the table. Cleared that up, then the carpet stopped running. I looked down and saw the plow on the 10 pin side had broken loose and was binding against the rear roller. Just as I was reaching to kill the switches the pin elevator threw its belt which then got pulled and folded under the pit motor and in between #1 & #2. F*@k!

I moved the bowlers from #1 to #3. They were only 2 frames into their first game and were very understanding. I got someone else to cover the front desk for me while I wrestled with that belt and reattached the plow.

Just as I finished that, blackened hands & forearms, a scheduled HS group came in, so I cleaned up & went back to manning the front end.

End of my shift, cover is still off the powerlift on #19/20, so I put it back on & said f#@k it, I'll fix that next time lol.

Sounds like what happens whenever I cover someone else’s shift.
        The fecal matter seems to always hit the fan.
        * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Originally posted by Toomany10pins View Post

Sounds like what happens whenever I cover someone else’s shift.
          The fecal matter seems to always hit the fan.
          True story, lol.

Comment

I cover the two largest leagues in my center on separate nights. Monday there's 32 teams and 18 on Sunday.

The Monday league the low end of the center runs very smooth. More than 2/3 of the calls come from the high end. On Sundays?? Forget it..... everything goes to hell. I'm getting everything from distributor jams to respots to ball returns. Every...... 3...... to....... 4...... minutes.
            -- Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse