Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strike Cycle

Hi, I am new to all of this and I was just curious what could be the reason for not having a "Strike Cycle" on 3 of my lanes. Any info would help, thanks.

Not having a strike cycle usually means the pinspotter chassis is being told a pin is still standing.

Need to know more about what you have there though. Whether or not you still have table wires going to each of the respot cells (with BOSS scoring they aren't needed), or what kind of pinspotter chassis you have (original 5 board setup, OmegaTek board w/ or w/o expander, QAMF Superstar etc.....).

Plus what is the scoring showing?? Is it scoring the strike and the pinsetter still performing a standing pins cycle??

-- Larry

Comment

I have Boss XL scoring, the chassis has a few boards in it, one of them has a cable ran to it that I was told was for the strike cycle, these 3 lanes don't even act like they have the working smart cycle, when a ball is thrown in the gutter on the first try, it runs through its cycle as if a pin was hit.

Comment

Should be two cables hooked up to the expander card. Try moving another board from a good working chassis over and see what happens. Jamie at Stahl's 70s repairs these boards.

Comment

I took one off of another lane and it still doesn't seem to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Hughes View Post
            I took one off of another lane and it still doesn't seem to work.
            So, a known good chassis does the same thing, correct?
            I'm going to assume the scoring system IS registering a strike, but the pinsetter isn't setting a fresh rack unless the bowler presses the reset button?

I would check all of the wires on your respot cells. If one (or more) of those spades has popped off and grounded to the table, then the chassis will think there are still pins standing and it won't run a strike cycle.

While we were shut down I actually went through all of my RSCs, recrimped or replaced all of those connectors so they won't pop loose anytime soon. I also straightened or replaced bent tabs on the RSC's to minimize pins hitting those wires.

Comment

Yes that is correct. I will check the wires on the respot cells. Thanks

Comment

The LED's on those boards should let you know what pin count the scoring is sending to your chassis.
                9th Amendment!

Comment

So I looked at the respot cell and apparently with the type of chassis that I have there are not wires going to any of the terminals, but it shows the 10 pin is still there on one of the 3 that have no strike cycle.

Comment

Check all for broken wires on the tables and harness
                    IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

I would set up the camera on the lane to ensure that it is reading a X. You can do this by using the targets and setting them up on the pindeck and adjusting the camera to get the correct readings on the LED;s on the side of the camera (in test mode). There is a section in the scoring manual to help guide you through the process.
                      Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Ok, I had someone tell me that I should probably be going through and checking my cameras at least once a month with the amount of leagues that I have, so I actually tried a different camera on the pair of lanes that didn't have the strike cycle and it worked, not sure why lane 6 is still not working though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Hughes View Post
                          ... ,not sure why lane 6 is still not working though.
                          Perhaps something grounding one of the respot cell wires in the wire way between the capacitors?

9th Amendment!

Comment

I don't know if it applies to your setup but whenever I get a machine that doesn't short cycle the first thing I check are the wires from the Elco plug to the mask lights. That's where I found the issue in my case. YMMV.

Comment

There are quite a few wires to go through, but I will see what I can do, thanks.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

A2 1 to 1 Gear Box Cover Replacement Due to Crack

I am refurbishing two converted A2 machines that I will be installing in my home basement this fall. One of them has a leaking gear box and cracked 1:1 gear box cover. I have...

Streamlane Mask Halo Lights

With huge thanks to "Toby" for all his help & expertise...my old masks now have for-real halo lights again.

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

Aluminum Repair and Welding

with our broken moving deck i have been asked to figure out if there is a way we can weld it back together in house for very little expense.
                              http://aluminumrepair.com/...

Setting Table Harness Connections

Hi, guys.

We recently replaced our setting table harness and when the machine's run in diagnostic mode, we get 01, 02, 03, 04 + 09 errors, or when you place pins...

check this jam...

the ball stuck the table up

Working...
                              X