Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning amf table

what Is the best way or best thing to use I'm cleaning and wiping off the tables

I usually take them out and tear down all cells/pivots ect. Then I just get a good degreaser and power wash them on the side of the building. If I were to leave them in the machine I would probably just get a bucket with degreaser and rag clean them wiping down all areas I could and follow up with a dry rag. I have always cleaned them out of the machine though. If you are looking for anything specific I have used purple power and similar type cleaners. I found for the really nasty tables I have cleaned in the past I have soaked with engine degreaser and they came out nice afterwards
    watch out, they're everywhere!

Comment

some pics of table work i did awhile back
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

because I always use that 45 penetrating lubricant on them

Comment

and I don't think my head mechanic will like us taking everything apart and taking the whole table out because that's not how he does it and I don't know if he's going to like us using purple power or as ever on the machines themselves

Comment

Originally posted by herp444 View Post
            some pics of table work i did awhile back
            Nice!

I wish I had the time to make the machines spotless like that. But we don't have dedicated mechanics per se, so I play desk manager, pin chaser, admin, sometimes plumber or janitor. When I have some free time or if there's an emergency I wear the mechanic hat.

When I do work on the machines I always clean everything within arm's reach, as you said using rags with degreaser followed by clean dry rags.

Comment

oh ok I'll try that thanks

Comment

I am very lucky to have a whole spare table assembly so when it is time for deep cleaning I can just pull the whole thing and replace with a clean unit same day.

Comment

I use Purple Power (ie Castrol Super Clean) to clean everything. Just don't use it straight out of the bottle (10:1 mix works well) or leave it on the surface an extended amount of time or it permanently stains aluminum.

I also wished I had a spare table.

-- Larry

Comment

Würth Brake Cleaner on a rag is also fantastic at getting off the stubborn grease.

like herp I’m rebuilding all my tables and have done 10 out of 20. They get a full strip down and we degrease them and hit them with a wire brush on a drill to give it that almost polished look
                    Attached Files
                    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by herp444 View Post
                      I am very lucky to have a whole spare table assembly so when it is time for deep cleaning I can just pull the whole thing and replace with a clean unit same day.
                      same, having a spare table is such a blessing.
                      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X