Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90XL Franklin Motor Drag Brakes

Has anyone developed a reliable way of mounting the external 090003550 drag brakes on their Franklin motors? I hate 'em and I'm really sick of hearing these pieces of junk chattering across the house.

The metal tabs attached to the power plug housing do not do the job. You can bend them with pliers so they'll actually put some pressure on the heat sink once they're tightened down, but even then, they won't keep it from vibrating loose.

I've tried -

- bending the hell out of the tabs to force them to stay tight. NOPE.

- wedging a small piece of old distributor belt between the heat sink and power plug housing. NOPE. They vibrate out of there and disappear into The Abyss, or shift enough to where the metal-to-metal contact can happen again.

- wrapping the power plug housing with foam tape on 3 sides, then zip-tie the drag brake against it, and reinstall tabs. NOPE. CHATTER CHATTER.

If I had my way, I'd replace all of these motors with ones that use the drop-in style 090004516 drag brake - which are less than 1/3 the price, run quietly, and don't seem to have nearly the maintenance issues of the external drag brake.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Velcro.

I have the same problem and some are so bad they actually cause the power cord connector to get loose.

Fortunately I have several rolls of 1" heavy duty Velcro strip laying around and applied the hook half to the flat side of the heat sink and the loop side to the base of the connector. Still keeping the mounting tabs in place to hold the heat sink down. So far it's been working.

I'm not back in the center until Friday but will take a couple of pictures and post them.
    -- Larry

Comment

Wow. Velcro sounds brilliant! I'll let you know...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
      Working...
      X