TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out for the night and I was like wtf for? Then he sends me a photo and it was a moment.

Ahhhh don’t we all just love moments like these to keep us on our toes. And of course I don’t have a spare, to be honest not a part many would keep on hand.
    Attached Files
    Pin_Head
    Last edited by Pin_Head; 06-12-2021, 04:58 AM. Reason: Mis spelling
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Ouch, that is nasty!
    Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

Two spotting cup caps clamped around can get you by until it can be fixed.

Comment

I don’t think the caps would hold it together very well when you have the new spring kit on the lane.

Comment

What would cause that.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
            What would cause that.

Metal fatigue is my guess There's a keyway near that break area and the sharp corners of the key slot are a weak point where cracks can grow from. Like where most of the table driveshaft breaks originate from.
            -- Larry

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewCarleo View Post
              Two spotting cup caps clamped around can get you by until it can be fixed.
              A couple of big fat zip ties or hose clamps would get you through until the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                What would cause that.
                That one dude that lofts his ball half way down the lane & bounces his 16lb ball into the machinery at 25mph. It's that guy. He breaks **** all the time, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLegend View Post

Metal fatigue is my guess There's a keyway near that break area and the sharp corners of the key slot are a weak point where cracks can grow from. Like where most of the table driveshaft breaks originate from.
                  yeah 100%, it’s probably been on its way out for the past 15-20 years who knows.
                  AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by Motivated View Post

A couple of big fat zip ties or hose clamps would get you through until the next day.
                    When you have a full house of leagues sometimes you have to be creative!

Comment

Soooooo……. Took the shaft out and it was well SHAFTED !!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I was also able to get a machine through league using hose clamps for a break like this.
                        9th Amendment!

Comment

First time in 20 years that i had a pulley break like this. it was broken completely around.
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by farsan300 View Post
                            First time in 20 years that i had a pulley break like this. it was broken completely around.
                            Wow that pulley really lost the will to live

Comment

I’ve had a few go like that over the last couple of years. Just comes down to “they don’t make them like they used to”

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Worn LBS Rudder Cams

Can worn LBS rudder cams be rehabilitated? Anyone tried?

The edges on these are rounded over, which I think is preventing them from maintaining a good latch when...

Back after 10 years with my mini lane

Hey guys! After building my lane 10 years ago I had to relocate for work and could not take my lane. It has been in storage ever since. I finally was able to bring it down...

82/90 table too low at home position and hanging low on back right side

I am currently having some issues with my lane 5. The table is too low at the home position. This is causing pins to completely fall out when they try to drop into the pin cups...

The AMF dude

Saw this on the back of one of the machines at work. Looks like something you'd find in a box of Lego's, but it has the old amf triangle logo in the middle, just...

Transformer smokes

I hava a tarnsformer that started smokeing. I replaced the transformer and it runs a few seconds and starts to smoke again. Any Ideas?...

Turret 1-7-10 problem

One of my lanes hasn't been indexing past the 1-7-10 occasionally mainly the 7 pin when they call a 180 we go over and tap the pin down then the turret indexes. Any ideas?...
                              Working...
                              X