Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep won’t seem to adjust

Another Sweep adjustment issue. This is lane 6 and for the past 5 years it’s been slamming the sweep down on the 10 pin side. I have tried adjusting the bracket and shock assembly to raise it but it will not go any higher then where it’s at. Any helpful information please.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Try adjusting the threaded link out. Lots of guys call it the popeye link. Turning it out should raise the sweep off of the gutter.

Comment

Sometimes the bumper might be missing, which will cause the sweep to sit on the gutter. Check the front end machine is also sitting the correct height off the pin deck.
      When going through the adjustments in the manual, check that your rods ends are all in good condition, and the rocker arm is good.
      Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
        Sometimes the bumper might be missing, which will cause the sweep to sit on the gutter. Check the front end machine is also sitting the correct height off the pin deck.
        When going through the adjustments in the manual, check that your rods ends are all in good condition, and the rocker arm is good.
        ok which linkage would that be?

Comment

He is talking about on the telescope tube. There is a washer and a urethane bumper on the rod that goes into the piston.

Comment

Looking at the photo it's hard to tell but it appears the bumper is missing from the telescoping link.

I've got a few lanes that have two on them because several of my machines were not set up properly when they were installed some 20 years ago.
            -- Larry

Comment

Originally posted by mechanic8230 View Post
              Try adjusting the threaded link out. Lots of guys call it the popeye link. Turning it out should raise the sweep off of the gutter.
              What link is the Popeye link?

Comment

Originally posted by mechanic8230 View Post
                He is talking about on the telescope tube. There is a washer and a urethane bumper on the rod that goes into the piston.
                Is the bumper supposed to touch when the sweep is at guard? In this case the washer is loose and the bumper ring does not make contact

Comment

Sorry for asking so many questions. We don’t have a manual for the machines at the alley. We have one and it always disappears and I’ve only seen it once.

Comment

if you look where the telescope link is mounted on the frame it bolts onto a threaded link that looks like a little pipe. That is the treaded link I was talking about or Popeye as some guys call it. It in turn is mounted to an adjustable plate that determines the sweep height when it is at the 5 spot. Now the further out Popeye is turned the higher the sweep will be at guard thus closing the gap between your link and the bumper. Let us know how it turns out. I would find that manual and make a copy for yourself. I believe you can download it from the Qubica portal too.

Comment

I have heard it called the Corncob Pipe.

Download the service & adjustments manual from the QAMF customer portal.

Comment

Is this the rod I need to adjust? If so then where? Visual learner so seeing what to do would help thanks.

Comment

Yes. You need to adjust the bracket that the end of that rod attaches to, on the frame. Forward and backward adjusts sweep height at guard position. Up and down adjusts sweep height at the 4-5-6. This video shows the newer style bracket that is slotted in both directions and easier to adjust, but the theory of adjustment is exactly the same. Jump to 1:20 in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrwJy7v1ssQ

Comment

If that is the sweep that you are talking about then you are ,missing the bumper on the telescope link. It goes between the washer and the piston. Look at another machine and you will probably see what I am talking about. They are usually orange or black.

Comment

Both the rod and piston should be tight on the end fittings. Do not turn them for adjustment.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X