Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amf 8270 with MP chassis

My lane 15 has a strange problem and I've done all I can think of, intermittently I get the sweep stuck at guard and the table running constantly whether it be first ball and just spotting pins onto pins or second ball constantly respotting, nothing is overloaded or binding and it's not the chassis as I've swapped chassis and problem stays on the lane. I've tried it with the offspot switch on and off, tried changing the gearbox just incase it was weak but I'm at a loss now.

Can anyone help I'm quite stumped, new at this unfortunately and still picking it up

Does the sweep gets stuck at first guard or second??

I'd look at the TA2 microswitch (the middle one of the three on the table driveshaft). Because on first ball the sweep cues its run from guard1 through the pin deck to guard2 off that switch. Then from guard2 to zero.

-- Larry

Comment

I would definitely check the cam settings also, check the C-1 for any loose or burnt sockets or pins. Good luck

Comment

It gets stuck at 1st guard and then I get constant table run regardless of if its on 1st or 2nd ball, it either tries spotting pins onto pins or just re spots then over and over. I had it before on my lane 13 and it was a smashed off spot switch which is why I looked there first.

So far I've done
        -repinned 3 pins on the c1 plug on the machine side
        -changed complete combi gearbox with stator
        -changed the sweep reverse switch
        -changed the off spot switch
        -tried a 2nd known good chassis
        -cleaned c1 and c2 plug pins

I'm at a loss now and because its not every time its hard to track, and I'm still relatively new at this, not done much fault finding work seeing as we had a well experienced chief up until covid and he decided to leave at the start of lockdown

I'm going to double check my motor plug wiring and try swapping out the sweep caps.

I'll also check my cam switches, I did check they were tight on the shaft etc but didn't check the actual switch if I'm honest.

Comment

It's best just to replace the TA2 switch. It may look fine but, if its going bad, it can still give you lots of problems. Replace the spring, just because... Also, inspect the head of the adjusting screw for wear, it can develop a divot over time that may cause problems. Replace that screw or file the head flat if you find one.
          9th Amendment!

Comment

It was the TA2 switch in the end, not out of adjustment and the adjustment screw was fine, just dieing inside.
            I borrowed a c2a tester from a friend in the end and the signal was erratic when I pulled on the cam lever. Nice bit of kit them testers, I know what's on my next shopping list. =)

Comment

Avoid Unimax switches for the cam switches - they're junk. Always use genuine Microswitch switches!
              I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X