Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Table casting mounting hole worn out by 7 area.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse

TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table casting mounting hole worn out by 7 area.

I have a lane that all sudden the sweep keeps catching the 7 cell when runs by and also the pins way off spot. So I went to flag the table and noticed that the back mounting bolt by the 7 side was pulled threw the table casting, and table crooked. The hole is worn out. Is there anything I can do to rig it to work, or do I need to buy a whole other table casting?

Please post some pictures so we can see exactly what you've got going on.

Comment

Here are some pictures.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

You could try a very thick flat washer. That might get you by until you can replace the table.

Comment

Originally posted by mechanic8230 View Post
          You could try a very thick flat washer. That might get you by until you can replace the table.
          Yeah, that and a new bolt as the one in the pic appears to be bent.

Comment

I’ve seen some things go wrong over the years but this is a new one for me. I’m struggling to understand how that could happen even if it was a little loose. Might get away with a washer and grind it down so it fits snug in the table slot

Comment

Originally posted by Ausweegie View Post
              I’ve seen some things go wrong over the years but this is a new one for me. I’m struggling to understand how that could happen even if it was a little loose. Might get away with a washer and grind it down so it fits snug in the table slot
              Steel bolts holding an aluminum casting will simply eat into the casting over time if they're loose. Especially when you have forces constantly trying to rock the table as it goes up and down.

I have a table like that.

I just used a longer bolt and heavy washer under the hex head. The bolt head does stick out under the table casting but it's secure.

I have thought of designing an elongated washer that would fit into the pocket and still allow the bolt to move in the slot as needed for adjustment.

-- Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
              I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
              Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
              Working...
              X