TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/70 ball lift adjustment

Good day all. I recently had to change out ball lifts on one of my pairs, this is a completely rebuilt PBL with a couple new parts that are different than the rest of the lifts on my machines, not sure what the names are, but its the black plate with the spring and the "A" frame with the four bolts that the top rod slides through.

Anyway, the problem is, not sure if you can tell from the photos, but the ball lift is off center and the top wheel and fork keep twisting on the tube so its not parallel (tilted left to right) with the bottom wheel. The belt hasn't fallen off and it seems to be returning balls just fine, but I can see how it might cause uneven wear on the belt or cause issues in the future. The six bolts for the three rods are in and tight, none of the belts are rubbing against the ball lift from what I see.

I'm just not quite sure what I need to adjust to center it and get the wheels back in in line with each other. Thanks again for any assistance.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 8 photos.

You’ll need to drill some holes for the belt tensioner springs. Is that a genuine part put on? I normally just remove rebuild and reinstall the original PBL. I find them happier that way

Comment

There is a bit of play in that upper pulley assy. You can manipulate that by loosening the two screws going through that guide rail on the side slightly, and twisting the pulley a little, then re-tightening. If it keeps twisting back, then you can tweak the nut compressing the spring just a little, it doesn't take much, either tightening or loosening. The friction on the spring can bias the pulley left or right.

As for those parts, I vaguely recall seeing that triangular part before with the slotted holes (name escapes me), I want to say it was designed to go onto the lower position. But I could be wrong.
      9th Amendment!

Comment

Originally posted by Ausweegie View Post
        You’ll need to drill some holes for the belt tensioner springs. Is that a genuine part put on? I normally just remove rebuild and reinstall the original PBL. I find them happier that way
        Our area guru that assists many of the lanes in the state and tends to give me parts that he says is better than what we have, but doesn't always make it clear the best way to install them or adjust them to work in a specific fashion. I'll drill some holes though, that will be helpful for sure. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by pitman2 View Post
          There is a bit of play in that upper pulley assy. You can manipulate that by loosening the two screws going through that guide rail on the side slightly, and twisting the pulley a little, then re-tightening. If it keeps twisting back, then you can tweak the nut compressing the spring just a little, it doesn't take much, either tightening or loosening. The friction on the spring can bias the pulley left or right.

As for those parts, I vaguely recall seeing that triangular part before with the slotted holes (name escapes me), I want to say it was designed to go onto the lower position. But I could be wrong.
          Thank you for the advice. And as far as lower position, You mean the two holes under it, not adjusting the part on the slots itself...correct?

Comment

The OEM BL spring holder was replaced by the down pressure bracket. The holes for the tensioner springs are in the sides of the down pressure bracket. The shock bracket looks to be the old version and needs to be the newer version bracket or cut off to match the newer version.
            Prevent the problems. Don't do crash repairs.

Drywall in a bowling center: Recipe for disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmlax View Post

Thank you for the advice. And as far as lower position, You mean the two holes under it, not adjusting the part on the slots itself...correct?
              Never mind, I was incorrect about that part.
              9th Amendment!

Comment

Originally posted by pitman2 View Post

Never mind, I was incorrect about that part.
                No worries. Thanks again

Comment

Both (triangular) upper and lower support brackets come with slotted holes now. The slotted holes serve to replace the adjustment you once had at the shock absorber to alter the angle of the lift in relation to the lift rails.

Centering the lift to the rails is handled by the positioning of the two adjustable support shafts that rest in the saddles of the two pit frames. The plates where the stationary shaft connects with the adjustable shaft are there to allow you to compensate for the offsets in the saddles between the two pit frames. Ideally both stationary shafts should be level to te floor and square to the lift rails.

???????
                  -- Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Ausweegie View Post
                    As mrpinspotter said.... that plate is from the Lift Pressure Kit (612-070-013) QAMF developed a long time ago to originally combat balls sliding on the rails by allowing you to add additional downward pressure on the lift. .It consisted of the plate, chain, a larger spring and a turn buckle with hooks at each end. The kit pre-dates the newer fat rail covers we have now. The holes for the carpet drive belt tensioner springs are along the sides. The picture hide them.

-- Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                    I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                    Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                    Working...
                    X