Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage distributor clutch

Anyone having trouble with the new vantage distributor clutch? We put three in to try them out. They worked fine for about a month. Then we started to get excessive pressure at the stop blade. Pressure was so much that the distributor would fail to index. We took them off...since there is no adjustment for stop blade pressure, and noticed grooves wearing in the hub. We sent them back to vantage, and they are examining them. For now we are back to the tried and true OEM parts.

Re: Vantage distributor clutch

Same issue here.

I sent mine back to Vantage about 6 weeks ago.

I know PJ will not like this but here it goes......it is not a prudent decision to pay $150+ for this mod.

One of the four I had grooved the hub and brake lining was squeaking badly.

I tried to order the lighter springs for less clutch tension but when I gave Ace Mitchell the part number they NEVER heard of it.

I put a roller clutch plate on lane 8 in early summer and it has not missed a beat.

JMO.....stock is the best.

Comment

The one I have is doing the same thing.

Comment

The roller clutches are FANTASTIC.

Comment

This is the exact reason I dont purchase "NEW" or "IMPROVED" products without many years of in the field extensive testing. Companies can do all the testing they want in a controlled inviornment but that doesnt replicate what the real world will do to the parts.
          If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

I have 5 or 6 roller clutches atm and they are all doing very well. Someday far in the future i guess the roller could fail, but thats like 40 cents to fix. Excellent clutch so far. Oldest is getting to be a few months now I think.
            The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Wow, I would have never believed that Vantage would put out an over-hiped product.

Comment

Stick with the original. I guess I'll have to try a roller clutch, I haven't as of now.
                Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Havn't any problems with mine, still rolling good. No squeaks or anything. Stop blade is still looking good also. Guess it is just like the light ball sensor it works good in one house but not the other. I am going to stick it out and see what happens when the warranty gets close to being up.

Comment

We are starting to get a squeal in ours...
                    Peanut

Comment

I have found that the squeak is the pivot stud on the brake shoe arm. If you take it apart and apply a small amount of grease on the stud, it will stop. As for the grooves on the drum, it is the brake shoe seating in. It is just like a car with brake shoes. You should blow or brush the dust off now and then. It is very important to have a small amount of grease on the trip finger. Check the trip finger for wear. File or replace as needed. If the dist. shaft has a slight bend it may cause problems. I have 6 running here without problems.

Tom Z
                      You can do so much with so little, you can do anything with nothing.

Comment

Some of the problem was due to the manufacturing materials which Vantage have used, different to the actual design used here in the UK. A poly-carbonate plate can be used behind the drum, to stop the squeal with some success.
                        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Just so everyone is aware we have found some errors in about 2% of the first production run. Since the VAL Brake offers a 5 year warranty we will honor these issues under warranty. Please contact me at [email protected]wling.com or call 1-800-255-7401 to handle the issue on a case by case basis. Most of the issues are tolerances between mating parts. As I mentioned before we will stand behind the product.
                          P J Rosendahl
                          www.bowlingfactoryoutlet.com

Comment

I've got 6 of these clutches running now and have had no real problems with them. They have actually solved the minor troubles that I had with the dist. before they were put in. I have my chaser's wipe the dust off them on a frequent bases. I do have marks on the drums, but that's due to the lining seating itself on it. I do have them all dated as to when they were put in so I have some point of reference if they go bad. For the most part I just set it and forget it.

AMF DOCTOR
                            AMF DOCTOR
                            The doctor makes house calls.
                            http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

I have had 12 running since March of this year and have not had a problem with them, I also wipe them with a dry rag to keep them dust free, no squeaks or any noise at all.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse