Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90xli ball lift blowing capacitors

Well this is my first post on here hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have a ball lift that is failing to start under its own power, because the start circuit isn't working. I have replaced the ball lift pcb, and the motor... but it continues to not start under it's own power. Checked the for heat and rotation resistance to see if that was affecting the current or motor speed and maybe causing the start circuit to stay closed ... resulting in a fried capacitor... but it looks good to me.

Re: 90xli ball lift blowing capacitors

I will attempt to be an AMF tech here and suggest you swap chassis with the next pair and see if the problem goes away. I only say this as we had a chassis that did the same thing.
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

Yeah that sounds like my only other thing that I can check. Luckily I have a spare chassis thnks I will try that and post what happens

Comment

i am assuming your talking about the front lift. is the motor getting the full voltage, or lost its ground
        amf 82-70
        B2000
        quibca

Comment

Changed out the chassis and swapped out the capcitor(even though the one I pulled off of the defective motor checked out okay ) what I did find interesting was the one I pulled off of the other pairs front lift disharged with a nice bright arc, but the same capcitor when pulled from the defective motor had a arc comparable to a AA batt. This makes me think that something could be shorting somewhere, or I have a weak connection somewhere.

Comment

I'm not sure how it could lose it's ground... the motor can be hand started in either direction however (if that helps) I have a defective start circuit as far as I can tell, and yes I am talking about the front lift.

Comment

If you've changed the motor, seems to me it could be a 220 motor that's only getting 115. See how the motor is wired internally (for high or low voltage) and measure the voltage on the 2 'line' terminals - Not each one to ground.

If it's a 115 motor, and you get 115 on 'line's terminals, check the wire terminals for one that may have gotten hot on those terminals as it may lose conductivity with starting current.
              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Yep it was wired for 220... the head tech came down with some capacitorless motors and they work great. Still don't know why the first motor before the missiwired motor was blowing caps... but they work now so I'm good

Comment

KEEP THIS IN MIND IF THAT MOTOR WAS BRAND NEW OUT OF BOX IT WAS MOST LIKELY WIRED FOR 220 TO BEGIN WITH! THEY WIRE EM 220V TO BE FACTORY TESTED!!!
                  DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse