Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/70 signs

Remember those white signs on the front of the pinspotters years ago that had the model number on them? What ever happened to all those? I thought those were cool.....any one still have one? I'd love to have one and hang it up in my mini bowling lane..
    --- SteveJT66

82/70's,kickers,Kegel Kustodian

Re: 82/70 signs

Those were the table guards that just said "82/70" on the front, I thought I saw them still listed in the parts book but I'm not sure you can still get them, they did look kinda cool too.

Comment

I actually saw ONE as a kid many years back. Aside from old tv shows and such I never saw another. I'm pretty sure they're not available anymore but I too remember seeing them in the parts book (years ago)
      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.
        There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

I've got one on top of my Brunswick masking unit in my man cave. I kept 4 of them and the mechanic threw the other 12 in the garbage about 10 years ago. I sold the other 3 on ebay about 8 years ago and they each got over 50 bucks. Wish I would have saved the other 12. Mechanic said he took them off about 2 months after AMF installed the 82/70's back in 1978. They kept falling off and one day when one fell off a bowler bowled and it was like a launch ramp for the bowling ball. It slammed into the table and after that day the decor was removed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
          Don't mess with the steering wheel or face the wrath of Chuck Norris!

Comment

Wow, there it is! Been a long time since I actually saw one.

Can you post a nice close up shot of it?

Nice Brunswick mask with the blue lights.

Comment

Saaaweeeeet!

Comment

Dude, sweet man cave! I was visiting a friend at the University of Chicago last month, and near campus there's a restaurant with a glass wall that looks right in on four lanes. You can see the lanes and pinsetters right from the sidewalk. They had A2's with those masking units.

We have six lanes with the old style AMF sweep, and a couple of the spares have the triangle with the meatball logo. Eventually I want to have a friend cut new ones out of steel and have vinyl cut to paint them. As far as I can tell, ours never had the table shield. Neat stuff.

Toby
                82-70B, Stepper chassis
                www.mooseexchange.org

Comment

Comment

That's awesome!!!

I also remember at one point they said "82/70 SS", which obviously refers to the Solid State chassis design. I wonder why they didn't refer to the MP as "82/70 MP" then?
                    I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

Toby, if I remember correctly, your machines are stepper chassis so they would havenever had them. This was introduced to the SS chassis machines as a way to guard the table because the sweep went up so early.

Comment

This was not a guard in any way. It was only a logo or ID to
                        compete with the A2 bobbing down and up in other places
                        Prevent the problems. Don't do crash repairs.

Drywall in a bowling center: Recipe for disaster.

Comment

Man it's sweet to see those! I haven't seen one in like 20 years!
                          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Closeup pic of sign

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Backside of bracket. The tabs would kind of hang onto the lip of the table. I could see how they could fall off. If you have a bouncy table during a table jam, or some type of jam that would allow the table to strike the pindeck it would pop right off

Rest of man cave
                            Earl and Roth. Pulled these picasos out of the former Foxx Bowl Restaurant. Don't mind that pennant of an embarassment to baseball.

Pin Collection

Old Brunswick Rake and AMF Sweep. Sure would like to have the AMF logo that used to be attached to the sweep.

and my favorite hobby and relaxation...........PINBALL
                            Don't mess with the steering wheel or face the wrath of Chuck Norris!

Comment

OH MY GOD! That is one sweet row of pinball awesomeness! A friend of mine and I used to get pins, clean 'em up, play the crap out of them and sell them. Repeat. Out of your games, we had a Getaway and a Funhouse. God, do I miss those games.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse