Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cushions

Has anyone tried the vantage universal cushion? V 000 024 795-6 Universal Cushion Plank. I need to replace a cushion plank. Tired of slivers and Rivet holes not holding rivets anymore.
    Any input is welcome. Also does anyone use the velcro cushion cover? Is it worth installing? Does it protect the rivets from wearing as fast as it claims?
    Thanks

Casey

I have tried it. Yes it works well....the only issue is the non hardened screws break.

Stahl's makes a synthetic plank that is a little beefier...and the strip is permanently screwed...thanks!

Comment

I have bought some of these through Gran Prix and they work great. All one piece.

http://cncqualitybowlingparts.com/images/cnc-3-lg.jpg
      Live The Dream.

Comment

I too use the CNC units and prefer them over the Vantage ones. Like King says, the included screws like to break off. I always used better hardware when attaching the lower strip.
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

I've seen the 4 main plank bolts like to break. I think the plastic plank springs more causing more abuse on the bolts.

Comment

The cnc planks = Cadillac !!! Don't buy from a supplier. Call cnc direct and get direct from Rich Heinz. CNC has a bunch of quality stuff. Look them up on the web!

Comment

I still have some planks from my '30s. 50+ yrs old and still good. Who made them?
              Go Pirates

Comment

70/70 treat those like gold! They were AMF and made from had woods. They are thicker and heavier than the plywood offerings from QAMF now. I still have a few in the machines that I took from parted out 30sq. The rest of my machines have the CNC planks. They are one piece no screws to break and the material they are made of appears to be unbreakable.

Comment

Originally posted by 70/70 View Post
                  I still have some planks from my '30s. 50+ yrs old and still good. Who made them?
                  Good old old growth wood cant be found anymore after the housing boom so.....
                  70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                  Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Love the old ones. Someone put a few coats of enamel paint on them many yrs ago. Barely even a splinter. I wish all 22 of them were like that
                    Go Pirates

Comment

I agree about the wood planks. All of my lanes still have original wood planks from the early 1970's and still going strong. A few have split lengthwise and I have glued with Elmers and clamped for a couple of days, then reinstalled, and they have been fine ever since. There is even a couple of extra new wood ones in the parts room that have been there since the 1970's.

Comment

Originally posted by daprhb View Post
                        I agree about the wood planks. All of my lanes still have original wood planks from the early 1970's and still going strong. A few have split lengthwise and I have glued with Elmers and clamped for a couple of days, then reinstalled, and they have been fine ever since. There is even a couple of extra new wood ones in the parts room that have been there since the 1970's.

We run carraige bolts through them...Lasts for decades.
                        I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                          Has anyone tried the vantage universal cushion? V 000 024 795-6 Universal Cushion Plank. I need to replace a cushion plank. Tired of slivers and Rivet holes not holding rivets anymore.
                          Any input is welcome. Also does anyone use the velcro cushion cover? Is it worth installing? Does it protect the rivets from wearing as fast as it claims?
                          Thanks Casey

The velcro covers are definately worth installing. I always make sure the rest of the ass'y is top notch (i.e. use only curtains that have a long life span) because cushion ass'y will be in the machine for a long time!

Vantage made a uimold ass'y for cushions, but thay didn't absorb the shock very well.

Comment

Originally Posted by daprhb

We run carraige bolts through them...Lasts for decades.

Add a little urethane to the wood plank to eliminate the splinters and you've got a good product.

Comment

Casey, I definitely think its worth installing the velcro covers, I use them and have for a number of years now, yes they really do protect the rivets AND also stop the performance balls from getting the ugly rivet marks on them that we all know just rub off but really seem to upset bowlers....

Yeah and also when rebuilding cushions, I always sand and re lacquer the planks..... smooth as a babies toosh..
                              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse