Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sur-pik ball return

We have Sur-pik ball returns and I wonder what others that have them are using for belts? The old ones from Stahl's were great ,but the last ones did not last too long. The new ones are very stiff and the balls don't want to come up the lift. The Amf ones are good for about 10 balls then need cleaned(oil). We have a couple that are green and seem to be textured and work fine,but I don't know where they came from or if they are available. Also , does anyone know if the track cushions #190-001-314 are still available. Thanks to all

We use the AMF belts, work great. Also make sure you clean, turn, flip, turn and or replace your leather uppers. Not sure 'bout the cushions, but if the number is in the book, you should still be able to get it.
    Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

We stock the 190-001-314 rail covers.

Comment

I put AMF black belts in about 8 yrs ago. Still fine. As with all ball return stuff.... and this is critical....everything must be aligned well. Clean them (belts and leather) once in a while
        Go Pirates

Comment

We used the AMF black belts on our Sure-Piks with great success. As mentioned just make sure everything is well cleaned and aligned or it can chew up the bottom of the belt if the pulleys get out of alignment
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Thanks to all, it looks like we will be starting a cleaning schedule for the ball returns.

Comment

It's not so bad to keep them clean. Just keep the belt as dry and oil free as you can (use your preferred cleaner on them) and what I did for the leather straps was just use a good old wire brush, kept them clean and roughed em up just a little to help grab the ball on the way up. Worked well for me for many years
              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                It's not so bad to keep them clean. Just keep the belt as dry and oil free as you can (use your preferred cleaner on them) and what I did for the leather straps was just use a good old wire brush, kept them clean and roughed em up just a little to help grab the ball on the way up. Worked well for me for many years
                Wire brush sweet! I use cross ways then length ways then I do circles on the leather. It's like workin leather in the tack room.
                Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

I wipe my belts before opening every morning.

If I get an underground issue.....I take the leather strap off and clean it with lane cleaner and a wire brush.

Comment

Belts everyday (electro-kleen) and leathers rough up once a month with wire brush on a stick.

Comment

Good ideas all. I don't think anything has been done with the leather straps for a while. Thanks to all.

Comment

Cordless drill with a wire brush, been doing this for over 25 years. 3 times a season, and wipe the belts at the same time with rubbing alcohol. Thats it, no problems here !
                        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse