Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table motor issues

since Thursday lane 19 table motor has been overheating acting like a bad start switch or bad c1 sockets groaning and sound of centrificals cutting in and out .
    changed table motor caps still no joy .

since then i have changed motor over to potential relays didn't fix it swapped it over to another machine to verifiy motor ran perfect for 2 hr continuous cycle
    I used a motor test cable to verifiy sweep circuts vs table circuts problem stayed with table circut ( sweep motor ran bad table ran great with sweep circut) It acts like low voltage at plug . swapped chassis still did it with different chassis .

today all new wires from c1 to table caps and any where else wire were traced to. changed motor power cable and plug . It kinda acts like the jumper wire at the end of the term strip was bad redid it
    basically I think the whole table circuits new still acting like low power but it sometimes gets up to speed an runs quiet

like Ron white says I'm losing my mind !!!!

any suggestions ?
    82/70 SS
    SPL's
    expander boards
    vantage matrix scoring
    (with crappy veiwsonic monitors )

try putting on a new gearbox .
    Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

The table motor runs fine from the sweep motor circuit using the extension cable .
      82/70 SS
      SPL's
      expander boards
      vantage matrix scoring

Comment

check the table motor plug, bad wire will be int. while changing things around.

Comment

agreed. look closely at plugs
          . first looks can be deceiving .
          ask my EX
          Go Pirates

Comment

I agree on the cable and plug. You might have a burnt socket in there.

Comment

That's the nice thing about using the other motor circuit/plug to isloate the issue. I like the idea about an extension cable, but I think most cables can be pulled out enough to reach the other motor.
              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

basicly all wire have been replaced in the c 1 term strips and caps relating to the table motor and the motor plug was also changed .
                the table motor runs great from the sweep circuit .

just confused as to what could be causing this ?
                82/70 SS
                SPL's
                expander boards
                vantage matrix scoring

Comment

Originally posted by 85_3car View Post
                  basicly all wire have been replaced in the c 1 term strips and caps relating to the table motor and the motor plug was also changed .

Just a shot in the dark, something in the low voltage. Can you make the table circuit run the sweep funky. ?

Comment

yes the table motor circuit runs the sweep the same way, like low voltage . but i think the sweep and table share the same power pick ups on the terminal strips . sweep circuit runs great .
                    82/70 SS
                    SPL's
                    expander boards
                    vantage matrix scoring

Comment

Originally posted by 85_3car View Post

Did you replace the wires where they came from in the machine? Or did you use the 82-70 wiring diagram to aid you? If someone had rewired something in the wrong spot and you just copied the wiring from before, a possibility that a wire in the wrong spot could cause you an issue.

Comment

I know that you said that replaced the caps for the table but how about if you trade them one at a time with the sweep caps,it is VERY possible that one of the new replacement caps is not up to par.
                        70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                        Prolane Walker sport

Comment

switched caps with a know good set still acts like low or weak voltage .But i can run the table and sweep motors on 20 from 19 table wiring and they run fine but using 19 table motor circuit on 19 sweep or table and they both groan ??
                          82/70 SS
                          SPL's
                          expander boards
                          vantage matrix scoring

Comment

Did you take a look at your main power plug to the machine, both the end coming from the power panel and the machine end?

Comment

yes the black wire from the socket to the term strip is a little hard the white seems OK. I plan on replacing the black wire after league gets over . but It,s confusing how the table circuit will run another machines sweep an table fine but groans trying to run its own ??
                              82/70 SS
                              SPL's
                              expander boards
                              vantage matrix scoring

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse