Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no mask foul lights

I know there's a diode on the mk-70 board that can blow and you'll lose first or second ball light in the mask. What would cause the foul mask to quit working. Switched chassis and I know the problem is there. In the last week I have three lanes lose this light, right after I installed the new LED's in the second ball. Please help.
    Joshua Knight - Stand By A Mechanic
    USBC Open Championships El Paso, TX 2015

Well, obvious things first....

Does it run a foul cycle/score a foul but not light up the foul light on the mask?
    Is the ELCO plug in all the way, are there any spread or broken pins at this connection?
    Does this problem only follow certain Omega Tek boards?

There is a varistor on the bottom of the board for the foul indicator, dont know exactly where but its there.

As a first response to this I would say check the green ELCO plug, this is where the mask lights go through and a common problem of this connection is the pins on the motherboard will spread and not make contact with the pins in the plug, I usually have this happen with the 2nd ball light. I dont remember exactly which pin is for the foul but since there arent that many you can take a small screwdriver and gently close the pins on the motherboard a little, this will help it make a nice tight connection when the green plug is there.
    Last edited by Tablejam; 01-18-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Most of the 'newer' MK-70's have electronic self resetting 'fuses' in them. Older ones have actual fuses - these are called 'pico' fuses - they are usually green and look like a 1/8W resistor. These are at the bottom of the board (component side) right above the boards edge connector (ie: where the board plugs into the chassis slot). Just take a meter and check for continuity across the fuse.

I'll post a pic in the morning of the board and the exact fuse to check - I'm pretty sure it's on the right side of the board.
      Last edited by wb8yjf; 01-18-2012, 10:16 PM.
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

What the heck, I'll do this before I hit the rack

Here is the 'pico fuse' version:

Here are 3 variations of the auto resettable fuse types:

Both of these have full pindication capabilities.

This one is set up for only 1st ball, 2nd ball, strike, and foul.

From the bottom right 'facing' the board - going right to left - the 1st one is for foul, 2nd - strike, 3rd is for second ball, and the 4th is for 1st ball light(s).

Hope that helps. BTW - the fuses are usually rated at 1A - both types. If you need to find a source - let me know.

Jon

Comment

I thought it was something else, cool I just learned something new!

Comment

We have the Pico version. I checking the Elco connection first. All seem to have good connections. Can you put a meter on the pico fuses to see if they are good. The last time I had a mask problem I blew one of those but you could see it. With a visual inspection of the board I can't see anything wrong. Has anyone use the LED mask lights from ZOT. I put ten on one side and the house (only second ball light) and haven't had any problems. When I order a second set of ten they sent me a different bulb. Would fit so they found me one that would. Installed them all and then I start getting told my foul indicators aren't working. I was 4 lanes now only three. I think lane 3 just had a bad connection. Does anyone know which Pico fuse would be for the foul indicator. OH yea the machine reads the foul just no indication light.

Comment

Originally posted by wb8yjf View Post
              What the heck, I'll do this before I hit the rack

Here is the 'pico fuse' version:

This one is set up for only 1st ball, 2nd ball, strike, and foul.

From the bottom right 'facing' the board - going right to left - the 1st one is for foul, 2nd - strike, 3rd is for second ball, and the 4th is for 1st ball light(s).

Hope that helps. BTW - the fuses are usually rated at 1A - both types. If you need to find a source - let me know.

Jon
              Does your left to right apply to this version

Comment

Opposite way mechwin he is going RIGHT to LEFT.
                When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

sorry my bad. use to reading left to right I guess

Comment

The pico fuses often don't show any visual indication of blowing, so just check them with a meter for continuity.

Comment

Since I posted the pics of the various versions of the MK-70, just for the fun of it, here is one that has a couple of extras that come in handy:

LED's replacing the input diodes so you can visually 'see' the various inputs as the machine is cycling.

LED's for pindication (great for those who still use gripper wires!)

Comment

wb8yjf thankyou, I have not seen one of these for a long, long time. Excellent pictures.
                        maister

Comment

Replaced the pico works good now

Comment

Quite funny for me that this topic should come up, as I also have 1 lane that doesn't display foul on mask board. Thanks for the pointers everyone.
                            If it ain't broke don't fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                              Quite funny for me that this topic should come up, as I also have 1 lane that doesn't display foul on mask board. Thanks for the pointers everyone.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse