Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-70 not spotting pins?

A lane has recently not been spotting pins every now and again, and when I check over it the spotting latch seems slightly stiff. You can unstiffen it by just pushing on it but it will do the same about 6 or 7 frames later. Is this problem likely to be caused by the spotting solenoid or is it just the mechanism itself?

Thanks

Either one. If the solenoid plunger slot is worn, it can stick as it's being pulled into the slot. The entire mechanism can be worn as well, making it difficult to pivot. remove the link to the spot arm and see if it's any looser. You can take out the spot relay and short out the 2 pins in the socket (9 and 11) repeatedly to see that it throws completely every time. May see something as you're doing it. Remember, they'll be 115 volts on the wire you use to activate the solenoid at the socket. Maybe you could plug in 2 wires and hook them to a push button switch, insulating all the external connections to the switch for safety.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Thanks for the input, ill have at look through the whole front end and see what i can find

Thanks

Comment

Make sure you check the stopping position of the table, if the table runs just a bit long it will make it difficult to open the table drive. Even the slightest coast in the table motor can create the symptons you are discribing...

Comment

Originally posted by mnorwell View Post
          A lane has recently not been spotting pins every now and again, and when I check over it the spotting latch seems slightly stiff. You can unstiffen it by just pushing on it but it will do the same about 6 or 7 frames later. Is this problem likely to be caused by the spotting solenoid or is it just the mechanism itself?

Thanks
          Take some WD40, or better yet PB blaster and spray it in the spot latch bushings, work the latch manually to get it in there. What you are after is when the spot solenoid is pulled in the spot latch should fall QUICKLY under its own weight, every time. This is common as the bushings can dry out or the grease in them becomes sticky, then the latch starts lagging.

Comment

Update:

After just sitting and watching the machine I noticed that the adjusting bolt seemed to be rubbing, I adjusted this and the lane worked for a while but then started to do the same thing again, so I will give the mechanism a clean out from one end to the other and see what happens next.

Comment

Thanks for the replies to this issue, i believe i have know managed to solve it. I took some bits of the front and gave them a clean and when it came to the link between the latch and the adjusting bolt it kind of fell apart when cleaning. After replacing this the lane seems to be running ok, so fingers crossed no more problems.

Thanks again

Comment

OK, it had worked.

Now I have a coasting table

These machines suck sometimes

Comment

They don't suck they just like to remind you who is in charge...lol

Comment

what motor?

Comment

It would appear the spotting rod is not long enough and is not releasing the latch.
                      It may necessitate checking your yoke settings to correct it properly but you can temp.fix by lengthening the rod a little.

A coasting table could be gear box, capacitors, contactor,sticky micro switches on cams.
                      If this has just started, I would spray table cam micros and watch rotor in gearbox to see if it coasts after the cam stops it. This would point to gearbox normally.
                      good luck.
                      maister

Comment

The table was coasting, however changing the mp chassis seems to have fixed that problem. Another lane now has a coasting table so we now need to sort a chassis out, but at least we know the problem

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse