Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strike not sensed

I bowled at the 300 center in Houston recently for some open bowling and enjoyed the experience. I had a consistent problem with the strike being sensed correctly by the Qubica scoring, yet the table came down to check for pins, found none, and didn't set a new set of pins until I pressed the reset button. It did this on all strikes consistently. I thought the Qubica would communicate the strike to the pinspottre (82-70 or 90) but apparently this is not how it works. Could someone speculate on what happened here?

We're still in the stone age at our center, so I can only speculate. Is it possible that their scoring is optical, but the machine still relies on gripper switches for the strike cycle? If a cell wire has come off and grounded on the table, it will always register a pin in that position. I find that's much better than a cell wire coming off and NOT finding a ground. Roll a nine and leave that pin on the deck, and you'll have yourself a major mess to clean up.

Toby
    82-70B, Stepper chassis
    www.mooseexchange.org

Comment

I see 2 possibilites here. Either as you mentioned the scoring is not interfaced with the machine and a cell wire somewhere along it's path was grounded thus the machine thinking there was a pin there yet the scoring knew it wasn't. Or if it is interfaced the machine isn't getting the pinfall data from the scorer. With the majority of setups (a cell is always grounded usually in the wireway and anytime a short cycle isn't run it respots pins, or attempts to lol) it would cause this as well, table feeling for pins and leaving a ghost rack even though no pins were picked up
      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Since we have this same setup on most of our lanes I would say with most certainty either a cell wire was off and grounding or a cell has come out of adjustment and is always grounding. But it is possible IF the scoring is properly interfaced that for some reason its not getting the strike signal to the machine. Im gonna stick with a cell wire issue as all have mentioned as the cause. Maybe someone from this center can add some info.

Comment

There is one setup where a cell is grounded (MP) and the scoring input overrides the cell wire. In this case, I'd say the scoring either isn't interfaced, interfaced incorrectly, a wire has come lose on the XLMP, or the timing for that lane in the technical setup is set too late for the machine to get it, and it goes through the routine of a 1st ball cycle. What I need to know is if was happening on both lanes of that pair to further isolate the problem.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

If they are 70s and using Omega Tech boards the MK board could be going bad. I have had several of those in one of my centers and Jamie at Stahls always corrects the problem for me.

Comment

After pulling out (the rest) of my hair trying to find the cell grounding I have had an O/T board turn out to be causing a no strike. It's annoying, you spend all that time and work trying to find the problem when it turns out to be something that takes minutes to fix! Well, a quick board swap with the other machine would confirm whether or not it was the board.

Comment

I am with you here.
                Nowadays with Qubica, the table wiring is fully removed and one wire from C2A grounded, and as you say saves cleaning up a mess.
                If this centre is not MP Chassis then yes I agree O/T board.
                If MP then the signal from the camera is arriving too late to activate strike cycle.Perhaps it is a simple loose connection at the camera on the four coloured interface cable to the curtain wall.
                maister

Comment

Yeah I agree, if MP there may be a loose connection between the camera and the chassis.

Some of our machines run O/T boards with Qubica but we decided to leave the table wires in place instead of relying on the camera to act as the ground for the cells. This way there will be no crash cycles due to a pin moving offspot and the camera not seeing it.

On our MP machines both 1st and 2nd reads are set to 3 seconds and this seems to work perfectly for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                    Yeah I agree, if MP there may be a loose connection between the camera and the chassis.

Some of our machines run O/T boards with Qubica but we decided to leave the table wires in place instead of relying on the camera to act as the ground for the cells. This way there will be no crash cycles due to a pin moving offspot and the camera not seeing it.

On our MP machines both 1st and 2nd reads are set to 3 seconds and this seems to work perfectly for us.
                    I have mendes, so it does'nt interfcce at all, but I would never let the mach. not work on it's own. (if that makes sence) All of my reg. cushion start switches and surpik reset buttons and all cell wires work, and get tested every couple months. If the scoring goes down you can still bowl without even more of a cluster f------.

Comment

Crossing over from the dark side...I agree with the cell wire...used to work in a center with Qubica and 82-70's. Once in awhile a wire would come off and if it didn't ground, the only way I could tell was by the table staying up with the pin, strike light on (Murrey Masks), and then the inevitable CRASH of all new pins...converted to XLMP, removed wires, never had problem again.
                      Tony Strublic, Center Bowl, The Bowling Store Pro Shop
                      A/2's w/QAMF BES & MMS

Comment

If the center is running Ultra98 (aka Superstars) and the Cycle Speed is set to Medium or Fast it will do this. The internal timer expires in the chassis before the resolve data is received through the APS.
                        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

I know this is old...but 300 Houston has A-2's as far as I know. Sounds like a detector rod issue.
                          TSM & TSM Training Development
                          Main Event Entertainment
                          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
                            I know this is old...but 300 Houston has A-2's as far as I know. Sounds like a detector rod issue.
                            They got switched out with 70s.
                            "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse