Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you do?

table torque tube 2.jpgtable torque tube 2 (1).jpg
    This is the 10 pin side mounting area of the frame for the table torque tube. It is the welded part not the bolted part for the tube.

I have tried to bend the piece back up using a floor jack and a piece of wood but it did not budge. I am going to remove table and torque tube heat up the piece of metal then have a welder come in next I think.

No idea how long this has been breaking, if just happened or has been gradual. Table still sets good set of pins just hits the deck on 10 pin side.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smurtland; 01-22-2012, 04:24 PM.
    Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

You need to take the weight off the clevis. I strongly advise against welding inside the machine if at all possible, especially if you have automatic scoring. What I have done successfully in the past is to drill holes in the crossbeam assembly and use 3/8" threaded rod. There is also a repair kit available under part number 088 005 533 for 10 pin side and 088 005 537 for the 7 pin side
    Regards,

Billy T
    [email protected]

Comment

where do you put the threaded rod at?
      Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

Get the repair kit and follow the instructions as Billy suggests. I had Mendes awhile back in California. Pretty solid other than having 6 lanes on one power supply

Comment

Never knew there was a repair kit

Lane 6 on the 7 pin side at the palace let go

I had it welded

I disconnected the scoring from the machine...unplugged all the pinspotters and scoring from power sources...and stood by with a fire extinguisher....it was a good thing I did....because some of the sparks ignited old lane finish under the tail plank...I put the fire out quickly

Comment

has anyone else used the threaded rod? i am thinking of running it from the pillow blocks up to the wire channel? does this sound right? I ordered the kit one for each side for now but i dont know if I can make it till thursday.

Comment

Billy, any pics of the repair kit by chance?
              "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

i use a threaded rod only as a temp fix. Until i was able to get a welder on it. AMF fowns on welding it yourself. never heard of a kit either. They need to go back to the day of a mechanic newsletter. I really enjoyed them. Loty of nice tips.
                amf 82-70
                B2000
                quibca

Comment

You go in from the wire way under the chassi

Comment

Originally posted by interwhat View Post
                    You go in from the wire way under the chassi
                    That is what i did but I only lifted it enough to take the weight off. I have a kit coming tomorrow to make it permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                      Never knew there was a repair kit

Lane 6 on the 7 pin side at the palace let go

I had it welded

I disconnected the scoring from the machine...unplugged all the pinspotters and scoring from power sources...and stood by with a fire extinguisher....it was a good thing I did....because some of the sparks ignited old lane finish under the tail plank...I put the fire out quickly

Exactly what I did at my place, removed all electronics etc, while I welded I had my 2nd tech stand guard as fire watch... that was 2 years ago weld still holding (fingers crossed).....
                      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Kat - the installation instructions are 10 pages long, so it wouldn't be feasible for me to attempt to post it here. I will get them up on the customer portal though.
                        Dothan - Maintenance Tips are still being published, but they are now in the email club newsletter. You can sign up for this on the website. If anyone has anything they think may be worthy, let me know and I'll get it published.
                        Regards,

Billy T
                        [email protected]

Comment

I welded any that ever broken on me. Like King, I disconnected machines and scoring and had plenty of extinguishers at the ready, lots of old carpets to cover the deck and everything else.

Welding on the machine can be done safely, but there is a bunch of prep work that needs to be done first, and fire safety must be at the front of the mind.

PinCup
                          We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

Old carpets make great fire shields.....
                            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

I have been made aware that the kits that I spoke about earlier in the thread are not optimal for a 70 installation. These kits were designed for 82-90 pinspotters that don't have terminal strips in the wireway. Will they work? Probably so, but you end up paying for extra components that you won't need.

I'm still going to get the instructions on the portal as I think they provide some valuable information on this general procedure.

Thanks again Scot for making me aware of your experience, I definitely appreciate it!
                              Regards,

Billy T
                              [email protected]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse