Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XLI Edge new Distributor cam

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • XLI Edge new Distributor cam

    Does anyone have the new XLI Edge yet? I mean the total machine not just the elevator upgrade. I was looking on the AMF site and saw some pics on it. It looks like they have redesigned the distributor cam. It has a new lateral arm and cam which they call "New EDGE Performance Cam." I would assume that this could be retrofitted to the older 82-70 or 90 distributors but I was wondering if any one has had experience with them (the new cam.)

  • #2
    I would like to know too....I am curious as to what exactly the difference is between the Edge cam and the old one.

    Comment


    • #3
      I was talking to the Q_AMF rep in Sydney recently and he was saying a centre in Melbourne Australia is getting the complete brand new edge machines , cant wait to hear what they are like.....
      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

      Comment


      • #4
        The indexing cam has not been released yet. The Edge pinwheel system is fantastic. It is one of the best improvemnts I have ever seen....
        You can get anything in life you want..... If you just help enough other people get what they want.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Pack Man View Post
          The indexing cam has not been released yet. The Edge pinwheel system is fantastic. It is one of the best improvemnts I have ever seen....


          I totally agree hey..... the new pin wheel design which isn't really a wheel looks awesome and the fixed O Pan....
          AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
            I totally agree hey..... the new pin wheel design which isn't really a wheel looks awesome and the fixed O Pan....
            This design change finally fixes the one downfall this machine has always had.....pin orientation. I am really excited about this. I would love to see more videos of this stuff in action!

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah I absolutely agree hey, just as with my babies at work, you get them to what seems near as perfect as you can get them, they go from bin pocket to bin pocket smoothly and all seems good, then ya walk away and **BAM** ya get a pile up, very frustrating, all mostly due to the way the pins come off the pin guide rail onto the o pan....
              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

              Comment


              • #8
                That is exactly it....its near impossible to have consistent-consistency with pin orientation with the old setup, way too many things can affect it. The new design seems to be consistently more consistent, maintaining immediate pin orientation, good spacing, and quick forward pin movement, which with the old design was difficult to have all three all the time. The distributor cannot go any faster than it does so good pin spacing will eliminate almost all pileup problems if not all of them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
                  Yeah I absolutely agree hey, just as with my babies at work, you get them to what seems near as perfect as you can get them, they go from bin pocket to bin pocket smoothly and all seems good, then ya walk away and **BAM** ya get a pile up, very frustrating, all mostly due to the way the pins come off the pin guide rail onto the o pan....
                  That is totally what happens to me. I will have a few jams and then nothing for hours all due to orientation.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The ones that irritate me are the lanes that don't have any pileup problems except for the random head first pin out of nowhere.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You couldn't be anymore right. That too is the one thing that bugs me the most of the random pin jams that do happen. I have a few lanes that do this repeatedly despite what adjustments I make to the kidney and orientor pan. I have even put new elevator rollers in and done all the checks that I know of.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                        The ones that irritate me are the lanes that don't have any pileup problems except for the random head first pin out of nowhere.
                        Same here, I think it's a ball hitting the cushion on a lane right at the time the pin is coming out of the pin wheel. Hard to adj. anything for that!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                          That is exactly it....its near impossible to have consistent-consistency with pin orientation with the old setup, way too many things can affect it. The new design seems to be consistently more consistent, maintaining immediate pin orientation, good spacing, and quick forward pin movement, which with the old design was difficult to have all three all the time. The distributor cannot go any faster than it does so good pin spacing will eliminate almost all pileup problems if not all of them.
                          Have you installed the Stahl's lower ring tube tensioner kits?

                          These kits really improve orientation.

                          The pinwheel no longer flops around.



                          I just do not have pin orientation issues any more

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Don't have the kits, seems to always happen during open play when people are fast bowling, I bet the new elevator does not have this annoying issue.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              When the pins are still coming off the dist.....and the fast open bowlers throw a ball.....and the pins slam into the wheel....this is when you get poor pin transfer from the loose wheel

                              Comment

                              Topic Starter RibbonScript

                              Collapse

                              Adsense Classic 2

                              Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                               

                              Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

                              I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...
                               

                              ETU diagnostic tool

                              I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...
                               

                              Gutter Straps

                              Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...
                               

                              AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

                              I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...
                               

                              Roller Clutch issue

                              Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...
                               

                              Another pivot bearing broke.

                              One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X