Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BE Motor Locks Up

I've got a Westinghouse BE motor that locks up. It stays locked up even after power is removed. If I remove stator it frees up. Why does it seize up after starting and runing well for a couple hours? Puzzled.

I dont know for sure BUT perhaps the stator is really tight to the rotor and after some heat they swell up to the point of sticking together. Does the rotor show dragging marks from scraping inside the stator?
    70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
    Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Does it do it with a different stator?

Comment

No drag marks on inside. Will try another stator.

Comment

Originally posted by 8270tom View Post
          I've got a Westinghouse BE motor that locks up. It stays locked up even after power is removed. If I remove stator it frees up. Why does it seize up after starting and runing well for a couple hours? Puzzled.
          Locked up? klixon popped or grinds to a stop? hot?

Comment

could have a broken part inside of gear box????

Comment

OPE bearing starting to freeze up? You might try repacking it and make sure the end bell is snug on it and not loose.

Comment

Probably the bearing that sits in the end if the stator, when it runs does it sound ok

Comment

Like mentioned before, check the end bearing that goes into the end bell. Also make sure that the spring washer that goes against that bearing is in there.
                  AMF DOCTOR
                  The doctor makes house calls.
                  http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse