Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOT CYCLING

I HAVE AMF 90XLi.MACHINE NOT CYCLING ALL THE TIME.I CHANGED THE CAMERA BOARD AND BALL DETECT.WHEN IT DOES'NT CYCLE AND YOU PUSH THE RESET BUTTON,IT SCORES AND SHOWS THE MPH.IT CYCLES SOMETIMES BUT NOT ALL THE TIME.

1. Have you cleaned and checked the reflector?
    2. Have you checked the alignment of the ball detect.....the faster the LED lights blink the better it is in alignment

It is also not in good form to type in all capital letters. It appears that you are screaming at us.

Thanks

Comment

Yes I have checked the reflectors and I was always told the lights should be solid not blinking for good alignment.

Comment

No....the lights SHOULD be blinking - the faster the better

Comment

Originally posted by BIGERN View Post
          Yes I have checked the reflectors and I was always told the lights should be solid not blinking for good alignment.
          If you have anything other than AMF ball detectors it depends but with your setup you should have AMF ball detectors so the faster the LED blinks the better the alignment (the stronger the reflected light signal is going back into the unit)- so you'd want it to blink as fast as possible but will work fine with it blinking as slow as 4 times per second. If the LED is solid this means there is no alignment, no reflected light signal. I don't know why they designed it this way, you would think they would have made it so the LED would be completely off when it is not aligned....but alas...

Comment

BIGERN I will watch this thread with interest as I have Conc Pro scoring and my ball detecters/sensors have to be set with LED solid on. Your profile appears to indicate 2 types of scoring ? do you have both types or are they the 2 you are familiar with. I have had to replace a relay in the Fbox on 1 pair that gave the problem you have. I am not familiar with BOSS so I will not speculate, best left to those who have it. Could also be a damaged wire between the camera & Fbox/XLMP interface if its Conqueror.
            Make your machines happy - your bowlers will notice

Comment

spanner,thanks for the interest.I was finally able to get the ball detect where the led lights are solid,and it seems to be fine.It was just getting fustrating.

Comment

The ball detector lights must all be on otherwise machine will not cycle when a ball passes it. The light must not cross, that is, the front light should go off, then the back one, as you break the beam and they must be in line and opposite each other on the reflector as this causes problems as well if out of adjustment.
                The old original detector used to be set up with the light flashing, but later models have a constant light when set correctly.
                When you press the reset the pinspotter should not score as this should be a respot pins only.It is the ball passing the qubica camera that starts the scoring and the ball detector that starts the pinspotter cycle.
                maister

Comment

If he has BOSS, cycling from the 10th frame switches (ball return), will score.

Maister's direction regarding the XLi ball detect is correct. I usually tell folks to cover the rear half of both reflectors to adjust the front sensors, then cover the front half to adjust the rear. There is an adjustment tool available, but card stock works equally as well.
                  Regards,

Billy T
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                    No....the lights SHOULD be blinking - the faster the better
                    Hi Jerry, I am pretty sure with XLi it should be solid light not blinking, as my XLi here are all solid light same as the foul units..., i do recall the older AMF ball detectors were a blinking L.E.D. but the XLi is meant to be solid..
                    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
                      Hi Jerry, I am pretty sure with XLi it should be solid light not blinking, as my XLi here are all solid light same as the foul units..., i do recall the older AMF ball detectors were a blinking L.E.D. but the XLi is meant to be solid..
                      I just realized the XLi detectors are different.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse